Tuscan Roasted Broccoli
Roasted broccoli tossed with sliced garlic, fresh lemon, savory Parmesan and pistachio nuts.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 4 -6 servings
- 8 cups broccoli cut into bite-size spears
- 4 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- 1 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3-4 tablespoons avocado oil or melted coconut oil
- 1/3 rounded cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1/4 cup roasted & salted pistachios -- shelled , coarsely crushed
- 2 teaspoon lemon zest -- approximately 1 large lemon
- 1 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice -- approximately 1 large lemon
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
Preheat oven to 425°F Divide and trim the broccoli florets and stalk into bite-size pieces. In a large bowl, toss the broccoli with the sliced garlic, 1 1/4 tsp. salt, 1/2 tsp. black pepper, and 1/2 tsp. pepper flakes.
Drizzle 4-5 tablespoons of oil over the broccoli and mix with your hands, rubbing a thin coat of oil onto the broccoli and garlic. Spread the broccoli in a rimmed baking sheet in an even single layer and roast for 15-20 minutes, until crisp-tender and the edges of the broccoli and garlic are browned.
In a mortar and pestle, crush pistachios until some are the size of bread crumbs mixed with larger, coarse pieces (or put the pistachios in a bag and use a meat mallet). Toss the Parmesan, pistachios, lemon zest, and lemon juice, with broccoli and garlic and finish with a drizzle of olive oil. Serve immediately.
Calories: 192kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 759mg | Potassium: 247mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 2205IU | Vitamin C: 21mg | Calcium: 100mg | Iron: 2.1mg