Ghirardelli Brownie Cookies
Soft, chewy cookies made with Ghirardelli brownie mix.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time15 mins
Servings: 42 cookies
Heat oven to 350°F. In the bowl of a mixer, stir flour into brownie mix until well incorporated.
In a separate bowl, slightly beat eggs with the coconut oil and add to the mix along with any add-ins. Mix on low speed until the flour is moistened. The dough should be stiff like cookie dough.
Place the dough in heaping tablespoons (about .80 ounces each) in on a parchment-lined baking sheet; this amount will spread to 2 1/2-inches when baked.
Bake for 10 minutes and allow the cookies rest on the pan for 2 minutes after removing from the oven. Remove from the pan and cool on baking racks.
- If you're a fan of the chewy edge pieces lining a pan of brownies, you'll want to follow the cooking time of the recipe just as it's written.
- If you're more of the gooey middle brownie lover, reduce the baking time by 1 minute and see if that is closer to the brownie cookie you dream about.
- Any 18 ounce brownie mix should work for this recipe, though I highly recommend Ghirardelli. NOTE: If using a 20 ounce mix, omit the extra flour and test 1 cookie in oven for shape. If the cookie spreads too much, mix-in 1-2 tablespoon of flour into the dough and retest.
- One 18 ounce mix will make 3 1/2 dozen, 2 1/2-inch cookies based on .80 ounces of dough per cookie.
- High altitude baking: add 1 to 2 tablespoons more flour (about 1/3 cup)
- Make ahead tip: Bake as directed and freeze for up to 3 months.
Calories: 95kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 9mg | Sodium: 41mg | Potassium: 5mg | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 20IU | Calcium: 6mg | Iron: 0.5mg