We have done more than our share of feasting on board the Celebration Express lately, so this Memorial Day we will be laying low. Thankfully, there are Sprouted Wheat Buns in the freezer for BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwiches and all the ingredients I need for Celery, Apple, and Fennel Slaw tucked away in the [...]
Scanning cookbooks or browsing the web, you find scores of differing opinions about how to cook the perfect omelet—everything from medium heat to high heat, slowly, quickly, non-stick pan, or specialized omelet pan. Regardless the technique you choose, practice will be your greatest teacher. For a little fun, I included an instructional video by Julia [...]
In addition to cookbooks, I love browsing cooking magazines. Gwyneth Paltrow was featured in the June issue of Bon Appétit, highlighting her new cookbook, My Father’s Daughter: Delicious, Easy Recipes Celebrating Family & Togetherness. I don’t know yet if I will become a big fan of her cookbook, but I do like her attitude toward [...]
Leftover Fajitas are eaten rather quickly around our house, so if there is any hope to have a Fajita Salad, we have to claim what remains right away. Fajita beef, peppers, mushrooms, and onions over a bed of tender greens and avocado with a cilantro-lime dressing will make you think twice about getting wrapped-up in [...]
It doesn’t take long for the squawking to start once the avocados are on the counter … “when are you gonna make the guacamole?!” Rather than consider guacamole a condiment, we try to come up with entrées to go with our guac—though, the children see nothing wrong with just having guacamole as the main course. [...]
This salsa recipe is always a welcomed side dish for a picnic or family gathering and easy. You may even like it so much, you’ll buy corn on the cob in anticipation of the left overs!
- Egg & Sausage Casserole [GF]: A Hospitality Series March 27, 2013
- Cream Cheese Fruit Tart with Almond Crust Recipe [GF]: A Series on Hospitality March 6, 2013
- Pad Thai with Shrimp ~ Quick & Easy Weeknight Recipes March 14, 2013
- Helen’s Chicken Soup: A Bowl of Comfort February 27, 2013
- Orange Balsamic Glazed Ribs ~ Banish the Ho-Hums! February 20, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today May 14, 2013
- Date-Fudge Truffles with Sea Salt May 7, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today May 7, 2013
- In My Kitchen, May 2013 May 1, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today April 30, 2013
- Judy Purcell: Hi Pam, thanks so much for taking time to let me k...
- Pam: I made this cake the other day and it got rave rev...
- Nilu A: Wow! Congrats on your garden Judy.. Lovely collect...
- Pure Complex: Okay I will admit it.. it took me a while to stop ...
- Phill: It's so nice to have friends like Helen and i'm ...