As I leisurely finished my iced coffee this morning, I discover this S’mores recipe from Someone Left The Cake Out In The Rain—an automatic YUM! was set off in my brain. According to the author, the marshmallow drooping down the sides of the chocolate was a fail … Uh, I don’t think so. I think [...]
It is hot here in Colorado, a perfect week to try a few ice-cold recipes for Test Kitchen Tuesday. When our kids were little, we went the easy route freezing fruit juice for simple frozen treats. These recipes definitely raise the bar and the enjoyment for the entire family, saving a few pennies along the [...]
It is summertime, so everywhere you look there is a new recipe for homemade ice cream. Honestly, this one from We [Heart] Food had me ready to add “buy an ice cream maker” to my errands today. I ♥ ice cream with lots of stuff in it, so this is right up my alley. If [...]
It is Fourth of July and folks will make some amazing patriotic themed foods this weekend. When this post from Nutmeg Nanny caught my eye last week, I quickly scooped up the recipe for a bridal shower, but then realized a single blueberry on top of this fruity, cheesecake goodness would make a fabulous red, [...]
Before loading the blanket in the car and heading for the annual fireworks and funnel cakes extravaganza, something has to hit the grill for the evening barbecue. Everyone has a favorite that speaks “July 4th backyard barbecue” to them—pasta salad, watermelon, hamburgers, macaroni salad, baked beans, BBQ pork sandwiches, potato salad, steaks, apple pie, and [...]
What’s better than just plain chocolate? Chocolate delivered three ways in one cookie. A soft chocolate cookie wrapped around white chocolate and bittersweet chocolate chips is milk’s new best friend. A hint of instant coffee—the secret in great chocolate desserts—does wonders for chocolate cookies, deepening flavor and adding complexity. Make a batch to take to [...]
After 90° temperatures here in Colorado yesterday, it is no surprise these kiwi popsicles at Showfood Chef caught my eye. What can be better than a recipe with two ingredients–especially when one of them is chocolate? These look refreshing, delicious, and fun for summer treats. Enjoy!
German Chocolate is the favored cake of two in our household, but the least favored of two others. We do not indulge in dessert often, birthdays being the exception. In order to honor birthday wishes and still include everyone in a celebratory cake, this “halvsies” cake has become a standard that suits everyone. Ghirardelli Grand Fudge Cake [...]
Of course, you can throw the usual burgers and brats on the grill, but if you’re feeding more than a handful of people burgers can be dry or cold before your guests get one on a bun. BBQ Pulled Pork and Pulled Chicken Sandwiches are an ideal choice to feed a crowd. Easily prepared ahead [...]
Sometimes, life just takes over and routine is pushed aside for the unforeseen. That was the story of the today, so Feature Friday is getting a late start, but at last it’s ready to roll. This post from Cupcake Project made me do a double take, unsure if my eyes were playing tricks on me [...]
- Cream Cheese Fruit Tart with Almond Crust Recipe [GF]: A Series on Hospitality March 6, 2013
- Egg & Sausage Casserole [GF]: A Hospitality Series March 27, 2013
- Pad Thai with Shrimp ~ Quick & Easy Weeknight Recipes March 14, 2013
- Helen’s Chicken Soup: A Bowl of Comfort February 27, 2013
- Orange Balsamic Glazed Ribs ~ Banish the Ho-Hums! February 20, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop 3rd Anniversary at Savoring Today June 18, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today June 11, 2013
- Cheese & Spinach Stuffed Pasta Shells Recipe [Gluten-Free] June 10, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today June 4, 2013
- In My Kitchen: June 2013 May 31, 2013
- ChgoJohn: Remembering last year's fire, Judy, I was relieve...
- mjskit: So glad to hear that you and your family are safe!...
- john@kitchenriffs: Third anniversary? Terrific! And congrats - that...
- Judy Purcell: Deanna, thanks so much for featuring this post, re...
- Mimi: OMG that is one adorable dog!...