I have been a fan of Emeril Lagasse since the first time I saw him on Emeril Live, his unpretentious style and love of food infectious. It is an honor to be chosen to participate in Emeril’s One-Pot Blogger Cooking Party to help spread the word about his newest release, Sizzling Skillets and Other One-Pot [...]
This weekend I am hosting a bridal shower for a friend’s daughter, who is really more like family. Do you know what it’s like having neighbors or friends that have been through thick and thin with you and you consider their kids, your kids? Well, that is what makes this bridal shower so special. I [...]
Yesterday was the birthday of the late, great, culinary icon Julia Child, so it seemed only fitting to include a recipe from Mastering the Art of French Cooking for Test Kitchen Tuesday. It has been a delight to glean from her style and expertise in this two-volume set—I wholeheartedly relate to her affinity for butter [...]
Perusing stacks of old cooking magazines, I picked up the July 2006 issue of Gourmet noticing Zucchini Ginger Cupcakes was dog-eared, perfect for Test Kitchen Tuesday. Ginger and orange are well-matched, the zucchini is sure to keep the crumb moist, these are a must-try. My plan is to convert it to a gluten-free recipe I [...]
This is one of those recipes I have had tucked away for a long time–anything with six cloves of garlic has promise, right. Pasta dishes are ideal for a quick weeknight meal, use Tinkyada brown rice pasta and it’s gluten-free too. Basil is at its peak right now, available at most farmers markets—I anticipate that [...]
Grilling for more than 20 years with a serious love for coffee that spans the same time, I’m not sure why it has taken so long to try a coffee rub to season ribs. After reviewing a number of options for Test Kitchen Tuesday, I landed on this recipe from Recipes Planet, persuaded by the [...]
Boneless, skinless grilled chicken breasts are easy to make and freeze, versatile for an array of meals throughout the week. Though lean and quick cooking, chicken breast needs help in the flavor department, so I am always on the hunt for good marinades. This recipe from Bon Appétit looks promising for this week’s Test Kitchen [...]
Coleslaw is a fresh, crisp, traditional barbecue companion. As much as I love classic slaw made with cabbage, it is inspiring to find new, creative ways to use the abundance of summer produce available now. In a recent issue of Bon Appétit, there was a variety of beautiful and creative combinations for slaw to accompany [...]
Simple Italy is a blog that I follow (yes, it does feed my inner Italian) and when this recipe arrived in my inbox this morning, I instantly found inspiration for Test Kitchen Tuesday. I simply cannot wait to try this dish! It is no secret that we love Italian food, but Spaghetti Al Farouk is [...]
I saw Spicy Thai-Style Pineapple Wraps demonstrated on Emeril Live, highlighting a cookbook by Food Network Kitchens, Get Grilling. This recipe looks perfect for summer grilling and the spice easy to adjust based on preference. Although it was presented as an appetizer for a grilling menu, I plan to serve it tonight as a [...]
- Cream Cheese Fruit Tart with Almond Crust Recipe [GF]: A Series on Hospitality March 6, 2013
- Egg & Sausage Casserole [GF]: A Hospitality Series March 27, 2013
- Pad Thai with Shrimp ~ Quick & Easy Weeknight Recipes March 14, 2013
- Helen’s Chicken Soup: A Bowl of Comfort February 27, 2013
- Orange Balsamic Glazed Ribs ~ Banish the Ho-Hums! February 20, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop 3rd Anniversary at Savoring Today June 18, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today June 11, 2013
- Cheese & Spinach Stuffed Pasta Shells Recipe [Gluten-Free] June 10, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today June 4, 2013
- In My Kitchen: June 2013 May 31, 2013
- Alesha @ Full Time Mama: Wow, this looks SO good and healthy! Thank you so ...
- ChgoJohn: Remembering last year's fire, Judy, I was relieve...
- mjskit: So glad to hear that you and your family are safe!...
- john@kitchenriffs: Third anniversary? Terrific! And congrats - that...
- Judy Purcell: Deanna, thanks so much for featuring this post, re...