It is Super Bowl week and whether you plan to watch the game or just tune in to enjoy the commercials, there is always plenty of food to keep things interesting. But, like a box of doughnuts in the break room at work, Super Bowl parties can be resolution killers—suddenly, the last three weeks at [...]
Last week when I made this Jalapeno & Gouda Crab Dip appetizer to proof the recipe before the Super Bowl, I also made Crab Cakes with Mango-Lime Sauce (recipe to follow next week). The crab cakes were a surprise for my husband—we had the house to ourselves, so it was the perfect opportunity for a [...]
As promised, next week we will continue to highlight party appetizers in anticipation of the Super Bowl—Caramelized Onion Dip and Jalapeno Crab Dip—two recipes sure to grab some attention at the table. In the meanwhile, to stay true to our theme, here are a few more links I liked for their straightforward ingredients and unique [...]
It was a delicious day in the kitchen working on appetizer recipes for the Super Bowl with Parmesan & Herb Zucchini Sticks as the next recipe highlight. Crispy coating, fragrant herbs, tender zucchini, and rich marinara create a fabulous vegetable delivery system. Baked to crunchy perfection, Parmesan & Herb Zucchini Sticks are a healthy [...]
Skip boring ranch dip, this Hot Artichoke Dip will make your veggie tray disappear in no time. Some party dips make cold broccoli and cauliflower palatable, this artichoke dip with its creamy, tangy, smoky flavors take them from palatable to party favorite. Pita and tortilla chips will fly off the table too when sitting next [...]
In my search of a notable food blog to feature today, I have to admit it was the picture of the goat that caught my eye, not the food. Raised on a goat farm, it is a natural draw for me. When I saw their blog name and focus on goat cheese, well, I was [...]
If you want a great appetizer for the weekend match-up or your next Super Bowl party everyone will enjoy, Blue Coyote Nachos are just the ticket. Inspired by nachos we had at the Blue Coyote Grill in Palm Springs years ago, this recipe is an instant favorite. Orange goopy, processed cheese peddled as food will [...]
It doesn’t take long for the squawking to start once the avocados are on the counter … “when are you gonna make the guacamole?!” Rather than consider guacamole a condiment, we try to come up with entrées to go with our guac—though, the children see nothing wrong with just having guacamole as the main course. [...]
- Egg & Sausage Casserole [GF]: A Hospitality Series March 27, 2013
- Cream Cheese Fruit Tart with Almond Crust Recipe [GF]: A Series on Hospitality March 6, 2013
- Pad Thai with Shrimp ~ Quick & Easy Weeknight Recipes March 14, 2013
- Orange Balsamic Glazed Ribs ~ Banish the Ho-Hums! February 20, 2013
- Helen’s Chicken Soup: A Bowl of Comfort February 27, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today May 14, 2013
- Date-Fudge Truffles with Sea Salt May 7, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today May 7, 2013
- In My Kitchen, May 2013 May 1, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today April 30, 2013
- Judy Purcell: Hi Pam, thanks so much for taking time to let me k...
- Pam: I made this cake the other day and it got rave rev...
- Nilu A: Wow! Congrats on your garden Judy.. Lovely collect...
- Pure Complex: Okay I will admit it.. it took me a while to stop ...
- Phill: It's so nice to have friends like Helen and i'm ...