Having friends over to watch the game?
Serving Bacon Chicken Jalapeno Poppers at your Super Bowl get-together is always a WIN!
This party appetizer cooks up fast in a skillet! We like using a skillet over baking in the oven to keep a close eye on the bacon so it gets crispy without drying the chicken.
Mixing the jalapenos into the cream cheese keeps it all together in a tasty bite-size popper. The spice will all depend on how hot the jalapenos are and how much of them you end up using.
If you’re curious as to how to tell if jalapenos are hot, check out our post about Pulled Pork Stuffed Jalapenos for all the details.
Savory chicken stuffed with cream cheese and jalapenos, wrapped in crisped smoky bacon. Easy to prep in advance and enticing presentation, these delicious bite-size appetizers are worthy of big game gatherings.
Bacon Wrapped Chicken Jalapeno Popper Appetizer
- 8 chicken tenders , flattened and cut in two
- 8 slices bacon , cut in half
- 4 ounces cream cheese , softened
- 2 jalapeno peppers , seeded and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 3 teaspoons coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Mix spices in a bowl and set aside. Prep chicken tenders by removing any attached tendon and gently flatten with a mallet. Sprinkle seasoning on both sides of the chicken.
- Cut each tender in half to create two 2x3 inch pieces of chicken per tender (8 tenders should produce 16 pieces) and lay out on a piece of wax paper.
- Mix the minced jalapeno into the cream cheese. Place approximately 1/2 teaspoon of cream cheese mixture on top of each chicken tender. Roll the chicken around the stuffing, sprinkle with a little of the spices again and wrap each piece with 1/2 slice of bacon.
- Once all the chicken is rolled and wrapped, pan fry until bacon is crisp on all sides. Serve immediately or keep warm in the oven until ready to serve.
- It is important to use protective gloves when handling fresh peppers to avoid absorbing the oils into the skin.
- If using nitrite-free, naturally smoked bacon add a little more salt to the seasoning mix.
omg i insanely admire BACON!
Donna @ My Tasty Journey says
Ooooooooo…this look positively sinful! What a great combo:) Thanks for sharing:)
Erin @ EKat's Kitchen says
This looks great! What a tasty treat — thanks for sharing with Friday Potluck!
spicy little bites that would taste so great
EI agree this is good for and game night, the best pair for an ice cold beer
Rufus' Food and Spirit Guide says
Wow, those look awesome.
Oh how very delicious!