Curry Chicken Salad on Spring Greens is a popular menu item for a luncheon or afternoon tea, but I do not often think to make it at home. The ingredients are easy to customize, though I do recommend homemade mayo and The Spice Hunter Curry Seasoning for the finest tasting results. If you don’t have time to cook the chicken ahead, a rotisserie chicken works just as well.
Part of its versatility is how many different ways you can serve it. Instead of a bed of lettuce, opt for seeded crackers as an appetizer or Sprouted Whole Wheat Slider Buns for sandwiches. Curry Chicken Salad Boats make it easy to prepare for a bridal shower or baby shower and if you sub Tamari for the soy sauce, your gluten-free friends can enjoy it too.
Curry Chicken Salad
- 2 cups cooked chicken breast -- cubed
- 1 cup red seedless grapes -- halved
- 1/2 cup celery -- chopped
- 1/2 cup carrot -- chopped
- 1/2 cup walnuts -- coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup green onion
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (, use Tamari for gluten-free soy sauce)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Prepare meat, fruit, nuts, and vegetables as indicated; toss gently in a bowl. Mix dressing ingredients until well blended; adjust seasoning to taste. Add to the chicken mixture to coat. Salt, if needed. Serve over a bed of greens or on buns for sandwiches.
mayo—Greek-style yogurt or Vegenaise®
lemon—pineapple, lime, or orange juice
walnuts—cashews or almonds
grapes—raisins or currants
red bell pepper
Shared on the following Blog Hops:
Real Food Forager Fat Tuesday
This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for supporting what I do here at Savoring Today. For more information regarding ads and advertising affiliations, please see our Disclosure Policy.