Shrimp Scampi is a real treat served as a main course, appetizer, or as an accent on grilled meats. This simple yet elegant dish makes any occasion special and takes less than 10 minutes to make. Serve with crusty French bread to capture every garlic-lemon-buttery bite.
Shrimp in a garlic and butter scampi sauce with accents of lemon and basil creates a quick main dish any night of the week.
- 1 pound large shrimp — peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup green onion — chopped fine
- 3 large cloves garlic — minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice — fresh squeezed
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil — chiffonade
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest — grated fine
- dash hot pepper sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, sauté onion and garlic in oil over med-low heat until fragrant. Add wine and lemon juice, simmer to reduce slightly. Add butter and heat until melted.
- Add shrimp and sauté until pink, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in fresh parsley, lemon zest, basil, and hot pepper sauce; serve immediately.