Shrimp Scampi is a real treat served as a main course, appetizer, or as an accent on grilled meats. This simple yet elegant dish makes any occasion special. Serve with crusty bread to capture every garlic-lemon-butter bite.Print
Shrimp Scampi: Easy & Elegant
- 1 pound large shrimp — peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup green onion — chopped fine
- 3 large cloves garlic — minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice — fresh squeezed
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil — chiffonade
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest — grated fine
- dash hot pepper sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, sauté onion and garlic in oil over med-low heat until fragrant. Add wine and lemon juice, simmer to reduce slightly. Add butter and heat until melted.
- Add shrimp and sauté until pink, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in fresh parsley, lemon zest, basil, and hot pepper sauce; serve immediately.
- Serving Size: Serves 4