Cinnamon-Spiced Almond Butter Dip with sliced apples is an ideal snack with tangy, crisp Fuji apple dipped into a salted, lightly sweetened almond butter.
Creamy, crunchy, salty, sweet—there are 40 Healthy Snack Recipes here for near snack perfection—so it’s all good and no guilt!
We spice it with cinnamon and generously top it with toasted pepitas (pumpkin seeds). It’s awesome with the unrefined coconut sugar, but a drop of stevia works just as well for a sugar-free alternative.
Of course, you can adjust any of the add-ins to your liking, but I highly recommend you don’t skip the salt. I had a hard time with almond butter when I first tried it because it tasted flat to me; salt made all the difference.
Below the Cinnamon-Spiced Almond Butter Dip Recipe, you’ll find 40 More Healthy Snack Recipes
Often it is the random things we grab for a snack (candy bars, donuts, granola bars, or sugary yogurt) that wreck the good decisions we make at mealtime.
Planning nutritious snacks for those morning and afternoon droops is key to healthy snacking.
A few reasons snacks are important to a healthy lifestyle:
- Increase cognitive function for decision-making tasks
- Increase energy and alertness
- Avoid the vending machine temptations
- Level blood sugar between meals
- Curb hunger leading up to a meal to reduce portion sizes
- Provide energy for a workout
- Reduce caffeine consumption—try a snack instead of an afternoon latte
- Avoid over-buying at the grocery store on our way home from work
Cinnamon-Spiced Almond Butter Dip
- 2 tablespoons pepitas pumpkin seeds — toasted
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 2 teaspoons coconut palm sugar or honey
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- sea salt to taste
- 1 medium Fuji or honey crisp apple sliced
- Toast pepitas in a dry skillet over med-high heat, stirring occasionally, until pepitas start to pop in the pan and are lightly browned. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix the coconut palm sugar and cinnamon into the almond butter until well blended. Taste and adjust as desired. Sprinkle with sea salt and top with toasted pepitas.
Now for 39 more healthy snack recipes to inspire!
You’ll find loads of creativity and variety in this long list of snacking genius ~ click on any photo or title to see the recipe. Here’s to better snacking!