A few months ago I hosted a birthday brunch for a friend and the moment we were all together it was like a breath of fresh air. Most of the ladies around the table were part of the group warmly, yet reluctantly, referred to as the Elephant Ladies—a few friends who got together for [...]
Inspired reflection—that momentary pause when thought and emotions intertwine to consider the profound. Whether prompted by human touch, written word, nature’s beauty, allegory, or song, you are keenly aware you were just given a glimpse of something transcendent. Today, this video, this song, did just that. Glenn Packiam serves our church as pastor, teacher, author, [...]
Years ago I used balsamic vinegar for marinades and salad dressings, thinking I was a culinary genius (ah, youth). Although I still use what we call balsamic in the U.S. for these same applications, our trip to Italy opened my eyes to true balsamic vinegar. The sweet, tangy, complex, thick syrup garnishing our cheese plate [...]
Tender lamb chops cooked over a fire accented with a Bearnaise Sauce turns a Saturday evening into a special occasion every time. Bits of rosemary and garlic cling to the loin chops, roasting along with the meat creating a fragrant, succulent lamb dinner. It is so easy to prepare you’ll wonder why you waited for [...]
While browsing Friday Potluck this morning, these beautiful eggs caught my attention. I thought they looked like stained glass, reminded of a time when our kids gathered around cups of jewel-colored water or joined friends to make Ukrainian Easter eggs. I can still see their faces, wide-eyed and ready to witness the transformation from egg [...]
The Thorn has been a central part of the way New Life Church has reached the Colorado Springs community during the Easter season for a number of years now. Our daughter, Kristen (14), was six when she was cast as the little girl Jesus swings around during the scene where he is playing with the children, [...]
- Egg & Sausage Casserole [GF]: A Hospitality Series March 27, 2013
- Cream Cheese Fruit Tart with Almond Crust Recipe [GF]: A Series on Hospitality March 6, 2013
- Pad Thai with Shrimp ~ Quick & Easy Weeknight Recipes March 14, 2013
- Helen’s Chicken Soup: A Bowl of Comfort February 27, 2013
- Orange Balsamic Glazed Ribs ~ Banish the Ho-Hums! February 20, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today May 14, 2013
- Date-Fudge Truffles with Sea Salt May 7, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today May 7, 2013
- In My Kitchen, May 2013 May 1, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today April 30, 2013
- Judy Purcell: Hi Pam, thanks so much for taking time to let me k...
- Pam: I made this cake the other day and it got rave rev...
- Nilu A: Wow! Congrats on your garden Judy.. Lovely collect...
- Pure Complex: Okay I will admit it.. it took me a while to stop ...
- Phill: It's so nice to have friends like Helen and i'm ...