Welcome to the Hearth and Soul Tuesday Blog Hop for April 9, 2013—the food carnival for and about food that not only nourishes our bodies, but our souls! As I perused the links posted last week, I realized some of them were things I have never attempted, which is the theme for our highlights. Deviled eggs? Believe it [...]
It is such a delight discovering blogs like Fig Jam and Lime Cordial. Of course, I don’t always mention every new blog I decide to visit, but I’m mentioning Celia’s blog because she hosts a monthly theme In My Kitchen, which I thoroughly enjoy. As part of this theme, she invites bloggers to join-in and [...]
Welcome to the Hearth and Soul Hop for April 2, 2013—the food carnival for and about food that not only nourishes our bodies, but our souls! We are expecting snow again tomorrow, then slip into more spring like weather by the end of the week, which is why these dishes caught my eye. Lightly prepared fish, savory peppers, [...]
A few months ago I hosted a birthday brunch for a friend and the moment we were all together it was like a breath of fresh air. Most of the ladies around the table were part of the group warmly, yet reluctantly, referred to as the Elephant Ladies—a few friends who got together for [...]
Welcome to the Hearth and Soul Hop for March 26, 2013—the food carnival for and about food that not only nourishes our bodies, but our souls! Springtime in the Rockies is fickle at best with wide temperature swings—just when you think spring has arrived with 70° and the first sunburn of the year, there’s a severe weather warning [...]
This series on hospitality will offer practical advice for being ready when the doorbell rings, recipes to fit any occasion, and creative ideas like the Pinterest boards shared below. Before we get too far down the road of practicality though, let’s first talk about what motivates us to open our doors, get the house mother-in-law [...]
Welcome to the Hearth and Soul Hop for March 19, 2013—the food carnival for and about food that not only nourishes our bodies, but our souls! Once again our highlights from last week could be prepared for the same meal—I love it when that happens! It’s like you all get together and coordinate recipes, which is a great [...]
A little housekeeping is important to every home and blog. Keeping things tidy so everyone can make it to the table (blog post) without having to navigate too many distractions, or heaven forbid, miss it all together. And there is nothing more important than those we invite to join us at our Savoring table. That’s [...]
Who loves Pad Thai? We do! Every sauce-soaked noodle, crunchy peanut, fresh cilantro and lime part of it! Spicy? Yes, but not scorched-earth spicy (a.k.a. Thai hot), I prefer just-gets-your-attention spicy, somewhere around medium, please. I’m not looking for a bead of sweat to form on my brow unless I’m trying to finish a [...]
Welcome to the Hearth and Soul Hop for March 12, 2013—the food carnival for and about food that not only nourishes our bodies, but our souls! Our highlights from last week came together quickly as I recognized they can all be made for the same meal and they all sound delicious. Sometimes things just fall into place like [...]
- Egg & Sausage Casserole [GF]: A Hospitality Series March 27, 2013
- Cream Cheese Fruit Tart with Almond Crust Recipe [GF]: A Series on Hospitality March 6, 2013
- Pad Thai with Shrimp ~ Quick & Easy Weeknight Recipes March 14, 2013
- Orange Balsamic Glazed Ribs ~ Banish the Ho-Hums! February 20, 2013
- Helen’s Chicken Soup: A Bowl of Comfort February 27, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today May 23, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today May 14, 2013
- Date-Fudge Truffles with Sea Salt May 7, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today May 7, 2013
- In My Kitchen, May 2013 May 1, 2013
- Judy Purcell: Thanks Paul, I appreciate the feedback, it helps m...
- paul: Great recipe... great flavor, fresh vegetable wond...
- john@kitchenriffs: I was wondering what happened to it! I need my fi...
- Maureen | Orgasmic Chef: Another group of fantastic dishes! I don't know ...
- Gourmantine: It sounds you've been seriously busy lately, but ...