A few months ago at one of our favorite restaurants, Paravicini’s Italian Bistro, we ordered the special, which was short ribs, osso buco style—and it was special, indeed—one of the best Italian dinners we have had. We asked how it was prepared, of course, because my husband suggested I try to make it at home […]
Perusing food blogs this morning proved especially advantageous as I added a few new recipes to my “gotta try these” list and found this lovely blog by three sisters, Like Mother Like Daughters . I am one of three sisters and we have three daughters, so it made me a little sentimental reading their story thinking […]
Leftover Fajitas are eaten rather quickly around our house, so if there is any hope to have a Fajita Salad, we have to claim what remains right away. Fajita beef, peppers, mushrooms, and onions over a bed of tender greens and avocado with a cilantro-lime dressing will make you think twice about getting wrapped-up in […]
Do you ever comparison shop? Well, I often comparison surf, especially when it comes to refining recipes. Many of my recipes I consider tried and true, but I am always open for suggestions to improve technique, flavor, or nutritional value. Surfing for cornbread recipes will lead you on an endless journey considering regional differences, add-ins, […]
A few months ago, I discovered Sister’s Pantry Peanut Sauce at Whole Foods while on the hunt for new ways to prepare vegetables. It put a great new twist on quick stir-fry meals with a nutty, tangy-sweet, spice that we love. Bottled sauces and marinades have the advantage of easy, but the cost can […]
As the last sip of Guatemala Casi Cielo left my cup, I stumbled upon this delightful blog, Animal Instinct, about farm life and learning to bake a pie with a 94-year-old friend. I like to see folks with 94-year-old friends who still bake, it makes me hopeful that I will still be stirring pots at […]
Each recipe I post on Savoring Today has been tested and enjoyed, personally. Today I thought it would be fun to post an untested new recipe that we could try together. Why would we do that? It just might be fun. At least, that’s this foodie’s point of view and it might even transform a good […]
When we splurge on wild-caught shrimp for our Sweetheart Dinner appetizer, dressing it with ketchup and horseradish does not suffice. This Thai Cocktail Sauce more than fit the bill with its tangy, sweet, subtle spice culminating in a complex finish—we even dipped our Prosciutto-Wrapped Shrimp & Goat Cheese in it. The tell of any great […]
Crispy prosciutto, herb-infused goat cheese, and shrimp all rolled together into an exquisite appetizer for our Sweetheart Dinner. We enjoyed it so much we think it would be great served with a garden salad for an easy weekday meal. Appetizer or main dish, this recipe is sure to bring out the oohs and aahs in […]
As promised, I am posting the recipes from our Sweetheart Dinner last week. Dinner began with three delicious appetizers; the Bacon Wrapped Dates with Herbed Goat Cheese were scrumptious. Savory herbs blended into tangy goat cheese, stuffed inside sweet dates, and wrapped with bacon for a uniquely sweet, savory, smoky appetizer. Applewood-smoked bacon from our […]
- In My Kitchen ~ March 2015 March 2, 2015
- Meat Lover’s Zucchini Lasagna: Low-Carb Heaven January 19, 2015
- And So It Goes … A Room Makeover: Happy New Year! January 12, 2015
- Meatloaf with Sweetly-Spiced Glaze: Comfort is King February 18, 2015
- Grilled Vegetable Medley April 15, 2015
- Keeping The Feast: Book Review May 6, 2015
- Huevos Rancheros: Start Cinco de Mayo Deliciously April 29, 2015
- Grilled Vegetable Medley April 15, 2015
- So You Want to Write a Cookbook April 8, 2015
- Pear & Goat Cheese Appetizer: Easy and Elegant March 25, 2015
- mjskitchen: This book sounds very interesting! I need to check...
- mjskitchen: This is our favorite breakfast. We eat it so much ...
- Liz (Good Things): Hi Judy... I love the quotations from Keeping the...
- Judy Purcell: Well, now I have no excuse no to when it's this e...
- Judy Purcell: I know, right?! Love the vegetable swap for the pa...