Mint and chocolate go together like peas and carrots, but more tasty with afternoon tea. Chocolate cookies with a hint of mint flavor in the chips is the perfect balance of flavor—the chocolate satisfies while the mint refreshes.
Chocolate Cookies with Mint Chocolate Chips
- 3/4 cup butter , softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Ghirardelli Unsweetened Cocoa
- 1 package NESTLÉ® Dark Chocolate & Mint Morsels
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, vanilla and salt in large bowl until creamy. Add eggs; mix until eggs are well incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, cocoa and baking soda; gradually add to creamed butter mixture, mixing until well blended. Mix in chips. Drop by rounded teaspoons on to ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until set; be careful to not over bake. Cool on baking sheet for a couple of minutes; remove and cool completely on wire racks.