What’s better than chocolate?
Chocolate delivered three ways in one Whole Wheat Triple Chocolate Cookie.
A soft whole wheat chocolate cookie wrapped around white chocolate and bittersweet chocolate chips is milk’s new best friend. A hint of instant coffee—the secret in great chocolate desserts—does wonders for chocolate cookies, deepening flavor and adding complexity.
Make a batch to take to parties, picnics, or backyard barbecues this weekend, they’ll be glad you did.
Healthy, Whole Wheat Triple Chocolate Cookies
- 1 cup butter , (2 sticks) softened
- 1 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 larg eggs
- 2 cups sprouted white whole wheat flour , or regular white whole wheat
- 1/2 cup Ghirardelli unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1 cup Ghirardelli 60% Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips
- 1 cup Ghirardelli Classic White Chocolate Baking Chips
- Heat oven to 375 F.
- Beat butter, sugar, coffee, vanilla and salt in large bowl until creamy. Add eggs; beat well.
- Sift together flour, cocoa, and baking soda; gradually add to butter mixture, mix until well blended. Fold-in baking chips.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until set, careful not to over bake. Cool for a few minutes on the baking sheet; remove from baking sheet to wire rack to cool completely.
This is what happens when you can’t wait for them to cool — so worth it!