Looking for softer whole wheat chocolate chip cookies? King Arthur White Whole Wheat Flour produces superior results in delicate baked goods that are typically weighed-down, hard, or dry when using whole wheat flours. We don’t eat dessert much anymore, so when we do it has to be worth it. Although whole wheat is better than processed white flour, it is still dessert, so I wouldn’t exactly call these “healthy”, but rather a step in the right direction.
To make ahead, freeze the dough for fresh cookies in just minutes, or you can even freeze the cookies once they are baked and cooled so there is always something on-hand for the impromptu picnic lunch or unexpected guests. Sometimes, my kids eat them right out of the freezer and let them defrost while they dip them in milk … oh yes, cookies have always been good friends with milk.Print
Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chewy centers, slightly crisp exterior, and intense chocolate flavor make these cookies a real treat.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 5-6 dozen
- Category: Cookies, Baking, Desserts
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter — softened
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups King Arthur White Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups Ghirardelli Double Chocolate Bittersweet Chips
- Heat oven to 375°. Cream butter, sugars, vanilla, and eggs. Mix flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt in a separate bowl until well blended; add to butter mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips. Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake until light brown, 8 minutes. Remove from pan and cool on baking racks.
- Store in an airtight container or resealable bag.
High Altitude: Add 1/4 cup of additional flour. Optional: Add 3/4 cup of chopped walnuts with the chocolate chips and bake as directed.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please see our Disclosure Policy.