A new favorite snack, these really help satisfy those mid-morning hunger pangs. I discovered the basic recipe on Enjoying Healthy Foods blog a few weeks ago, tweaked it to suit my own preferences and thought it was too good not to share.
I love how easy it is to customize, that I know exactly what’s in it—no artificial ingredients or preservatives—and it is a snap to put together. Soft, chewy, and satisfying, these granola bites are great for on-the-go snacks, broken-up over yogurt, or added to morning oatmeal. Oh, so naturally good!
Fruit & Nut Granola Bites
- 1 cup crispy almonds (or raw almonds)
- 1 cup sweetly spiced crispy pecans (or raw pecans)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 4 tablespoons sesame seeds , divided in half (or chia seeds)
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped dates
- 1/4 cup dried blueberries
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- sea salt
- Add almonds and pecans to a food processor and roughly chop. Mix with remaining fruit, seeds (reserve 2 tablespoons of sesame seeds), and coconut flakes in a mixer or stir by hand.
- Melt coconut oil in a sauce pan. Remove from heat and add almond butter and honey. Mix until well blended.
- Pour over nut & fruit mixture and mix to coat. Spread evenly in a parchment covered 9x13 pan. Sprinkle with remaining sesame seeds and a touch of sea salt. Place in freezer for 2 hours to chill and set. Cut into desired shape and size.