Pancetta and Gruyere cheese mixed with ground beef from a local butcher deliver a burger worthy of peak grilling season. Lean pancetta infuses savory, juicy flavor without overpowering the beef, while the earthy, distinct flavor of Gruyere brings a rich nuance. A few basic seasonings, toasted bun, grilled Vidalia onions and you are ready to eat right there at the grill—no other condiments required. Of course, it is good manners to share, so you’ll want to wait ‘til you get to the table.
Pancetta-Gruyere Burger with Grilled Vidalia Onions
- Slice onion to create 1/4" discs, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper; set aside. Lightly butter the buns and set aside.
- Gently mix seasoning, pancetta, and cheese into ground beef. Form 1/3 lb. patties with meat mixture.
- Grill onions over medium-high heat until softened and lightly browned on both sides.
- Grill burgers over medium heat until seared and registering 160°F, about 4 minutes each side. While the burgers finish, grill buttered buns (butter side down) until toasted.
- Serve the burger on the toasted bun with the grilled onions piled on top.
Shared on the following Blog Hops:
Hearth & Soul Blog Hop
The Nourishing Gourmet Monday Mania
Real Food Whole Health Traditional Tuesdays
SS & GF Slightly Indulgent Tuesday
Mom Trends Friday Food
Real Food Whole Health Fresh Bites Friday
EKat’s Kitchen Friday Potluck
Real Food Forager Fat Tuesday