Thai Cocktail Sauce for Shrimp Cocktail or Chilled Seafood Appetizer
When we splurge on wild-caught shrimp for a gorgeous shrimp cocktail appetizer, dressing it with ketchup and horseradish in ordinary cocktail sauce does not suffice. This Thai Cocktail Sauce recipe updates shrimp cocktail with its tangy, sweet, subtle spice—we even dipped our Prosciutto-Wrapped Shrimp & Goat Cheese in it. The tell of any great sauce is when other non-dipping items find their way into it or you begin to imagine what else you might slather it on—this is that kind of sauce.
Thai Cocktail Sauce for Seafood
- 1/2 cup Thai sweet chili sauce (this is a great sauce by itself)
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce or ketchup
- 3 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Chipotle Tabasco sauce -- more or less , to taste
- Combine all ingredients and chill before serving. Serve with seafood appetizers, especially chilled prawns.