This Yogurt-Marinated Grilled Chicken keeps the grill lit and the oven turned off during hot summer weather.
Boneless, skinless grilled chicken breasts are easy to make and freeze, versatile for an array of meals throughout the week. Though lean and quick cooking, chicken breast needs help in the flavor department, so I am always on the hunt for good marinades.
Yogurt-Marinated Grilled Chicken
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 3 pounds)
- 1 cups plain whole-milk yogurt
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves and stems , coarsely chopped
- 1/2 large onion , coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup olive oil , plus more for brushing
- 6 cloves garlic , coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt , plus more for seasoning
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 2-inch piece fresh ginger , peeled and chopped
- Working with one chicken breast at a time, put chicken between 2 sheets of waxed paper and pound to 1/2" thickness. Transfer chicken breasts to a resealable plastic bag.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. Pour yogurt mixture over chicken, seal bag, and turn to coat. Marinate chicken in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Build a medium fire in a charcoal grill, or heat a gas grill to medium-high. Brush grill grates with oil. Scrape excess marinade off chicken; season with salt. Grill chicken, turning once, until browned and cooked through, 3-4 minutes per side.
Shared on the following Blog Hops:
Real Food Whole Health Fresh Bites Friday