1. nusrat2010
    September 10, 2013

That cilantro adorned first picture is such a stunner! I looked deep into it and I found so much warmth, joy, love, laughter, happiness and positivity into that little chowder bowl !

Outstanding recipe and fascinating photos, as always.

Hugs.
    nusrat2010 recently posted..Mango ChutneyMy Profile

• Judy Purcell
      September 11, 2013

Hi Nusrat, and thank you for your kind words, you are such an encourager!

2. ChgoJohn
    September 11, 2013

I so agree with the significance of the flavors of watermelon, peaches, and corn. They mean Summer to me like no other vegetable or fruit. This soup that you’ve prepared sounds fantastic, Judy, and using cauliflower as a thickening agent is a very good idea. Though corn season is ending, there’s still time to make this soup. Thanks for sharing your recipe.
    ChgoJohn recently posted..My Tomatoes Are In A JamMy Profile

• Judy Purcell
      September 11, 2013

Thanks, John. Yes, there should still be time, but it is short indeed. I do think you’ll like the addition of the cauliflower — so healthy and good!

3. john@kitchenriffs
    September 11, 2013

Lovely chowder! Although nothing compares to the flavor of fresh corn, the frozen isn’t half bad, and could probably substitute nicely in this. Which is what I’d have to use – our fresh local corn is no more, alas! Still getting plenty of watermelons and peaches, though. Great recipe, and I happen to have some Hatch chilies that I roasted and froze. I think they’ve found their new home!
    john@kitchenriffs recently posted..Lentil, Quinoa, and Zucchini SaladMy Profile

4. Pure Complex
    September 12, 2013

I am not a huge fan of the chile flavor, but I can not deny how delicious this looks. So I have to try this when the days begin to get colder. Delish
    Pure Complex recently posted..Event : Goodbye Summer Dinner PartyMy Profile

5. Raymund
    September 15, 2013

I love chowders and my favourite are the seafood variant but it looks like it will change soon, I want to give it a shot, roasting your ingredients would give this a bolder flavour
    Raymund recently posted..Must Try Food in Munich, GermanyMy Profile

• Judy Purcell
      September 16, 2013

Yes Raymund, roasting the ingredients makes a big difference. I do hope you try it and let me know how it turns out. :)

6. Amy (Savory Moments)
    September 15, 2013

I love all the roasted flavors here. Chowder, with corn and a but of spice, is a wonderful soup. One of my favorites and your version looks really, really tasty!
    Amy (Savory Moments) recently posted..Stewed Indian-spiced eggplant, cauliflower, and chickpeasMy Profile

• Judy Purcell
      September 16, 2013

Thanks Amy, as the weather turns cooler it is even better. :)

7. mjskit
    September 15, 2013

Chiles are optional? I don’t think so! :) What a delicious looking soup and perfect for the cooler temperatures we’ve been having. Have you been surviving all of the rain? So lots of flooding up your way. Well, you chowder looks delicious and what an interesting twist with the cauliflower!
    mjskit recently posted..Chile Relleno Egg SandwichMy Profile

• Judy Purcell
      September 16, 2013

Thanks, MJ, I thought of you when I was making this soup, you do so many delicious things with chiles. The chiles really are wonderful, but I do have a few friend who don’t like them (I know, hard to believe).

Personally, we are okay from all the flooding, but so many around us and North of us are not. Some mountain towns are completely cut off, hundreds of homes lost, many still missing, and at least 6 lives lost. It is devistating to many, very sad. Thank you for asking, friend.

8. celia
    September 18, 2013

Judy, I love, love, love corn chowder, but haven’t made it for ages since cream isn’t my friend these days. Thank you so much for the dairy free option to your magnificent recipe! xx
    celia recently posted..Chocolate #101: Chocolate-Coated BiscottiMy Profile

9. Peter @Feed Your Soul Too
    November 8, 2013

This looks great. I love corn chowder and I love to put green chilis in most things.