Peppermint Chip Chocolate Cookies are tender, fudgy-mint gluten-free cookies worthy of your holiday dessert table, cookie exchanges, or homemade gifts.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please see our Disclosure Policy.
It’s the Andes Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips that bring the minty magic everyone loves at Christmas. If you’re not worried about gluten, you can use these baking chips in our Ghirardelli Brownie Cookie recipe instead.
To punch-up the chocolate we add a bit of instant espresso for a nice balance of chocolate and mint flavor.
I was delighted with how the Andes chips melted and remained soft like the rest of the cookie and remained soft for several days after baking. Enjoy them with a glass of cold milk to savor the cooling mint with every bite.
Adapted from Food Pusher: Double Chocolate Almond Flour Cookies
Peppermint Chip Chocolate Cookies [Gluten-Free]
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- In a medium bowl stir flour, cocoa powder, instant coffee granules, salt, and baking soda until well mixed.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine butter and sugar, mix on medium speed until sugar begins to break down into the butter, about 2 mintues. (Coconut palm sugar will not ‘cream’ with sugar like white sugar, but will mix-in well.)
- Add the egg and vanilla to the butter and sugar; mix on medium speed for about 1 minute.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix on low speed until well incorporated, scraping the sides of the bowl, as needed.
- Either scoop and drop small mounds (a well rounded teaspoon) or roll into 1″ balls and slightly flatten, spaced 2 inches apart, onto a parchment lined baking sheet. (Drop cookies will be more shaggy, flattened balls will be more uniform in shape.)
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until puffed and cracked. Allow to cool on the pan for 2-3 minutes, then transfer to baking racks to finish cooling.
More Christmas Cookie Recipes:
- Chocolate Cookies with Ghirardelli Peppermint Chunks
- Christmas Traditions: Grandma’s Molasses Cookies
- Russian Tea Cakes
- Whole Wheat Snickerdoodle Cookies
- Triple Chocolate Cookies
- Ghirardelli Brownie Cookies
- Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies
Shared on the following Blog Hops: Hearth & Soul Hop