Who Wouldn’t Want the Taste of Pumpkin Pie as a Snack?
Dust roasted pumpkin seeds with pumpkin pie spice to create a tasty, healthy snack everyone loves.
School-aged children all across America will scour pumpkin patches this fall for a prized pumpkin to carry home to carve.
Carving pumpkins is a long-standing tradition, as is roasting the seeds.
Kids, both young and old, will like this roasted pumpkin seed recipe so much it will quickly become a family tradition.
Serve as an after school snack or pack in a lunchbox for a sweet treat.
Pumpkin Pie Spiced Pumpkin Seeds
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons butter — melted
- 2 tablespoons raw sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 pinch salt
- Heat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Clean seeds: rinse seeds under cold water, using your hands to rub the seeds and remove all the pulp and strings. Don’t worry about any small pieces of pulp that remain; it will come off in the roasting process.
- Dry seeds thoroughly by placing cleaned seeds on a clean, dry towel. Rub the seeds lightly in the towel to remove moisture.
- Toss seeds in melted butter to coat. Combine sugar, spice and salt in a small bowl and then add the seeds; toss to coat well. Place on lined baking sheet and roast 15 to 20 min, or until browned. Watch closely to be sure the seeds do not burn.