Labor Day became a federal holiday 117 years ago, marked by parades and parties recognizing trade and labor organizations. Today, families enjoy one last vacation before school starts, NFL and college football seasons begin, and backyard parties abound. If entertaining or creating a dish for a potluck is on the agenda for this three-day weekend, here are a few ideas to get your creative juices flowing. Instead of featuring just one site this week, there is a whole list—Enjoy!
Labor Day Eats: Feature Fridays
By Judy Purcell on September 2, 2011 in Appetizers & Snacks, Baking, Beef, Chicken & Poultry, Dessert, Feature Fridays, Gluten Free, Life, Party Foods, Pork & Lamb, Recipes, Salads, Side Dishes
Barbeque Menu – Savoring Today
Grilled Thai Ginger-Garlic Pork Chops – Fine Cooking
Melon & Mint Salad – Shutterbean
Brownies for Grown Ups – The 21st Century Housewife’s Kitchen
Leave a Reply Click here to cancel reply.
- Egg & Sausage Casserole [GF]: A Hospitality Series March 27, 2013
- Cream Cheese Fruit Tart with Almond Crust Recipe [GF]: A Series on Hospitality March 6, 2013
- Pad Thai with Shrimp ~ Quick & Easy Weeknight Recipes March 14, 2013
- Orange Balsamic Glazed Ribs ~ Banish the Ho-Hums! February 20, 2013
- Helen’s Chicken Soup: A Bowl of Comfort February 27, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today May 23, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today May 14, 2013
- Date-Fudge Truffles with Sea Salt May 7, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today May 7, 2013
- In My Kitchen, May 2013 May 1, 2013
- Judy Purcell: Thanks Paul, I appreciate the feedback, it helps m...
- paul: Great recipe... great flavor, fresh vegetable wond...
- john@kitchenriffs: I was wondering what happened to it! I need my fi...
- Maureen | Orgasmic Chef: Another group of fantastic dishes! I don't know ...
- Gourmantine: It sounds you've been seriously busy lately, but ...