A good friend is one who shows up on your door step with a pot of soup when they know you could use a little TLC. I have such friends, which is how I discovered this comforting chicken soup. My friend, Helen, knew I was sick so she did what we’ve all done—she pulled together [...]
It’s been so long now do you even remember the curry adventure we began months ago with Basic Chicken Curry? What about the Beef Massaman? Oh, I hope so. Curry-Spiced Roasted Butternut Squash & Curry-Spiced Butternut Squash Soup is a two-fer, two recipes that can be meshed into one or enjoyed separately, but ultimately inviting [...]
The curry adventure continues … Before we shift gears and start thinking about roasted turkeys and holiday baking next week, it seemed only fitting to follow-up curried fowl with a little curried cow. It was a lot of fun sharing the Basic Chicken Curry recipe and my notes from the curry class with you [...]
When sharing the recipe for Broccoli-Cauliflower Gratin last week, I included a quick note about turning the leftovers into soup. After a friend commented and asked for more details about the soup idea, I realized how often I assume necessary steps have been communicated when in fact, they haven’t. Thankfully, my friend took the [...]
Writing and sharing food with friends is a delight, hardly something that warrants reprieve. However, even the work we enjoy benefits from our stepping back, reflecting, loosening our grip (or its grip) from time to time. It was hard to lay aside the routine of writing last week, though not completely unplugged from reading my [...]
If you Google search Chicken Pozole Chili, you come up with about 630,000 results in 0.17 seconds. Could there really be that many different recipes for this Mexican stew? Pork, chicken, or a mix of meats, cilantro, cumin, various types of chili peppers, blanco, green, or red, all have opinions formed around them and committed [...]
When I made this Lentil and Sausage Soup, it was delightfully easy and its flavor impressive. Surprised by numerous recipes calling for “just throw everything in the pot” once the sausage browned; I struggled a little with not layering the flavors, skeptical of great taste with so little effort. Melding a few promising recipes into one, [...]
Yesterday, with the storm blowing outside, I was ready with a fist full of recipes. Sausage and Lentil Soup was already on the docket, along with sprouted wheat bread recipes, both dinner rolls and French bread. Mid-morning, the creative process kicked in and this recipe lined up in my head like a military march. I [...]
Sunday is our day to rest, which includes a rest from cooking, so dinners throughout the week have to carry us through the weekend. As the weather turns colder, soup is ideal to comfort from the chill in the air, as well as provide for Sunday’s break from the kitchen. I have had this Minestrone [...]
As our One-Pot Blogger Party ends, we conclude with a hearty pot of Tuscan White Bean Soup—with soup, there is always enough for everyone. Thank you for joining me over the last three weeks in reviewing Emeril’s newest collection of recipes in Simmering Skillets and Other One Pot Wonders. I am honored Savoring Today was [...]
- Egg & Sausage Casserole [GF]: A Hospitality Series March 27, 2013
- Cream Cheese Fruit Tart with Almond Crust Recipe [GF]: A Series on Hospitality March 6, 2013
- Pad Thai with Shrimp ~ Quick & Easy Weeknight Recipes March 14, 2013
- Helen’s Chicken Soup: A Bowl of Comfort February 27, 2013
- Orange Balsamic Glazed Ribs ~ Banish the Ho-Hums! February 20, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today May 14, 2013
- Date-Fudge Truffles with Sea Salt May 7, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today May 7, 2013
- In My Kitchen, May 2013 May 1, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today April 30, 2013
- Judy Purcell: Hi Pam, thanks so much for taking time to let me k...
- Pam: I made this cake the other day and it got rave rev...
- Nilu A: Wow! Congrats on your garden Judy.. Lovely collect...
- Pure Complex: Okay I will admit it.. it took me a while to stop ...
- Phill: It's so nice to have friends like Helen and i'm ...