I was so delighted to see Rebecca’s email last week about her favorite Christmas things. Rebecca is a good friend of mine and her kids are absolutely adorable. They hold a very special place in my heart, as I had the distinct privilege of teaching them the proper way to eat ice cream—you know, [...]
Today I am savoring friendship. The kind of friendship that is close-by and reaches out during crisis and the friendship of an on-line community that brightens my day when I see their comments on a post. Raymund of Ang Sarap is one of my blogging friends and I am honored to contribute a guest post on his [...]
Submitted by: Mark Riggs, Kansas City, MO When I think about Christmas traditions in my family (both the family I grew up with and my family of friends I’ve accumulated over the years), I think of lots of traditions that—for different reasons—aren’t long-standing ones. The up side to this is I have twelve ideas for [...]
By Donna Helzer, Guest Author and Friend If you ask around there are dunkers and non-dunkers in life. Non-dunkers just do not understand dunkers and there is no convincing them. I am a dunker. Of course, I dunk cookies into milk, but my coffee with cream is host to various things…toast, muffins, cookies, scones, and [...]
Submitted by: Mary Uhlemeyer Our cherished Christmas tradition is to bake a birthday cake and sing happy birthday to Jesus Christmas morning. Sometimes we decorate the cake, sometimes it’s plain, but we always put candles on it and our son, Steven, enjoys blowing them out. We then enjoy the cake for dessert after lunch.
A favorite expression in our house! Understanding “people pennies” has saved feelings from being bruised more than once. Thanks, Donna, for the way you share life and help the rest of us see things just a little more clearly. People Pennies Christmas can be an expensive time of celebration. When Jesus was born, which is [...]
Submitted by: Kelly As a young, unmarried adult, I was transported into the mysteries of God come to earth in a church illuminated by candlelight and filled with the worship of those around me. The experience was so moving I often found myself worshiping silently, though passionately from my heart, yet words and song escaped [...]
Submitted by: Rose We have all the regular traditions, gingerbread house, stockings, and such. One we have a good time with is fun Christmas boxers. I watch for them throughout the year to be sure I find just the right one for each person. They say silly things like the year I got some in [...]
Submitted by: Monica Bryant One of our favorite Christmas traditions is new jammies for Christmas! Every year since my oldest daughter was a baby, I have made Christmas pajamas for my girls. I choose fabric that is relevant to their year i.e. ballet print when they got their pointe shoes, teddy bears when they loved [...]
Submitted by: Rachel (24) My dad’s mother loved to work in her kitchen. She was known for her recipes around the holidays. She made tons of different Christmas cookies for friends, but saved her Christmas Wreath for her family on Christmas day. She passed away five years ago after battling Alzheimer’s for five years before that. [...]
- Egg & Sausage Casserole [GF]: A Hospitality Series March 27, 2013
- Cream Cheese Fruit Tart with Almond Crust Recipe [GF]: A Series on Hospitality March 6, 2013
- Pad Thai with Shrimp ~ Quick & Easy Weeknight Recipes March 14, 2013
- Orange Balsamic Glazed Ribs ~ Banish the Ho-Hums! February 20, 2013
- Helen’s Chicken Soup: A Bowl of Comfort February 27, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today May 14, 2013
- Date-Fudge Truffles with Sea Salt May 7, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today May 7, 2013
- In My Kitchen, May 2013 May 1, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today April 30, 2013
- Judy Purcell: Hi Pam, thanks so much for taking time to let me k...
- Pam: I made this cake the other day and it got rave rev...
- Nilu A: Wow! Congrats on your garden Judy.. Lovely collect...
- Pure Complex: Okay I will admit it.. it took me a while to stop ...
- Phill: It's so nice to have friends like Helen and i'm ...