Before you even think about arranging some sort of gathering at your house, there is one thing you must have … The phone number to your local Chinese, pizza, or sandwich delivery joint. Really? Absolutely. And you must be willing to dial the phone. Everyone needs a back up plan and the good sense to [...]
This series on hospitality will offer practical advice for being ready when the doorbell rings, recipes to fit any occasion, and creative ideas like the Pinterest boards shared below. Before we get too far down the road of practicality though, let’s first talk about what motivates us to open our doors, get the house mother-in-law [...]
A little housekeeping is important to every home and blog. Keeping things tidy so everyone can make it to the table (blog post) without having to navigate too many distractions, or heaven forbid, miss it all together. And there is nothing more important than those we invite to join us at our Savoring table. That’s [...]
It seems everywhere you turn there is a list of new things to try or fresh goals for the New Year on blogs everywhere. While there is a great deal to gain from setting goals and being refreshed in our resolve to begin again, frankly, I don’t need another to-do list tacked onto my stack [...]
I think of meaningful traditions, events, songs, places, and certain foods as a special place card holding a moment which declares, “It’s officially Christmas!” I have been so delighted by the notes I’ve already received for our “It Just Wouldn’t be Christmas Without It” theme this month, I can hardly wait to share them with [...]
It was Wednesday, the afternoon before Thanksgiving, the first turkey was in the oven as I milled about the kitchen making pies. Thursday the house would be full of people, the air filled with the happy clatter of conversation, plates filled for feasting. But on Wednesday, the house was serenely quiet as I mixed and [...]
Life is about to change … Change can be good and bad. I have found it is most often bittersweet, as even the good requires letting go of something and the bad can open doors to possibilities we never imagined. This is good change. Remember the post about Gluten Free Chocolate Cake celebrating Kayla’s [...]
We had a marvelous time away in Santa Fe last weekend, celebrating our 24th anniversary. What a beautiful place to relax and explore. Friday, we arrived and settled into our hotel room just as a thunderstorm broke loose with sheets of rain. To the chagrin of the locals, it lasted only long enough for [...]
Two weeks ago my daughter and I concluded a visit with family, ready to return home and sleep in our own beds. Our time in Missouri gave me a chance to proof recipes at a lower altitude and higher humidity, something I’ve been wanting to do for a long time. I learned that more flour [...]
Five Pies in Five Days has been interrupted by the Waldo Canyon Fire currently burning in Colorado Springs. Tuesday I was welcomed home from a trip to a mandatory evacuation. We are just 4 of the more than 32,000 who have evacuated their homes, helpless to watch the smoke plumes and pray. I had been [...]
- Egg & Sausage Casserole [GF]: A Hospitality Series March 27, 2013
- Cream Cheese Fruit Tart with Almond Crust Recipe [GF]: A Series on Hospitality March 6, 2013
- Pad Thai with Shrimp ~ Quick & Easy Weeknight Recipes March 14, 2013
- Helen’s Chicken Soup: A Bowl of Comfort February 27, 2013
- Orange Balsamic Glazed Ribs ~ Banish the Ho-Hums! February 20, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today May 14, 2013
- Date-Fudge Truffles with Sea Salt May 7, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today May 7, 2013
- In My Kitchen, May 2013 May 1, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today April 30, 2013
- Judy Purcell: Hi Pam, thanks so much for taking time to let me k...
- Pam: I made this cake the other day and it got rave rev...
- Nilu A: Wow! Congrats on your garden Judy.. Lovely collect...
- Pure Complex: Okay I will admit it.. it took me a while to stop ...
- Phill: It's so nice to have friends like Helen and i'm ...