1. Jed Gray (sportsglutton)
    March 7, 2013

Perfect looking tart Judy. Wish I had a slice to enjoy with afternoon coffee. 😉
    Jed Gray (sportsglutton) recently posted..Beet, Citrus, & Israeli Couscous SaladMy Profile

March 10, 2013

So do I, but it is gone now. Guess I’ll have to make another one, just for afternoon coffee. 😉

2. Maureen | Orgasmic Chef
    March 7, 2013

I’m in!!

This tart is so pretty. How clever you are. 🙂
    Maureen | Orgasmic Chef recently posted..It’s Been a Busy Summer and Some Lovely Fruit BunsMy Profile

March 10, 2013

Thanks Maureen, we take the first bite with our eye, right?!

3. Pure Complex
    March 7, 2013

I am in LOVE. I am I am just in love. I \have to try my hand at making this. Pretty and delish all at the same time.
    Pure Complex recently posted..Design / Comfortable FurnishingsMy Profile

March 10, 2013

This is an easy one to fall in love with — who doesn’t like easy, delish, and beautiful?! 🙂

4. ChgoJohn
    March 7, 2013

What a beautiful tart, Judy! You really made your friends feel special when you set this on the table before them. Now *that’s* being hospitable!

March 10, 2013

Thanks John, it does make someone feel special when you make that extra effort, though this it far easier than it looks. 🙂

5. Karen (Back Road Journal)
    March 8, 2013

Your photo is wonderful. I’m sure your friends enjoyed sharing this delicious dessert with you…I know I would.
    Karen (Back Road Journal) recently posted..Slow Braised Lamb ShanksMy Profile

March 10, 2013

Thank you, Karen, the photos have gotten easier with the help from the lighting kit. Now I just have to learn my camera better — ha!

6. mjskit
    March 9, 2013

What a delicious looking tart! So colorful and yummy!!! Love the crust! Yes, I do know what you mean about hospitality vs. entertaining. We gave a dinner party last night and I had to keep reminding my husband, the perfectionist – “it’s o.k. if it’s not perfect. Let’s just have fun!” 🙂 Hope you’re having a great weekend!
    mjskit recently posted..Homemade Mexican Chorizo SausageMy Profile

March 10, 2013

Hi MJ, I do hope you had a wonderful time with your dinner party, it is far more enjoyable when we let go of perfectionism–I know how hard that is too–and our guests are more at ease as well. The tart is delicious and beautiful on any table; good thing it’s easier to make than it looks (love food like that!). 🙂

7. Julia | JuliasAlbum.com
    March 9, 2013

This fruit tart is a creation of beauty! Love the shining fruit! And yes, having too many people over too often can really get overwhelming.
    Julia | JuliasAlbum.com recently posted..Apple cinnamon yogurt pancakesMy Profile

March 10, 2013

Thanks Julia, I appreciate your kind comment! You are right, having too many, too often, can get overwhelming rather quickly–I learned to set healthy boundaries after crashing a couple of times. Knowing when to say ‘Yes’ is key. Good to see you in the comments again — have a great Sunday!
      Judy Purcell recently posted..Cream Cheese Fruit Tart with Almond Crust Recipe [GF]: A Series on HospitalityMy Profile

8. Raymund
    March 10, 2013

Really nice tart creation, love it. Nice colors too!
    Raymund recently posted..Nam Tok MooMy Profile

March 10, 2013

Thanks Raymund, have a great Sunday! 🙂

9. [email protected]
    March 10, 2013

Great looking tart! I love fruit tarts, both because of their eye appeal and their flavor is so awesome. And I absolutely am with you on the different between entertaining and hospitality. We used to do the former, and now practice only the latter. Great idea for a series.
    [email protected] recently posted..ColcannonMy Profile

March 11, 2013

Thanks so much John, the idea that the eyes take the first bite is so true–the beautiful fruit makes is especially appealing. Glad to know you can relate with the upcoming series, it is dear to my heart.

10. [email protected] Perfect Bite
    March 10, 2013

What a delicious looking tart. This must have been a hit with your friends. I know that I surely would enjoy it. I hope you have a great day. Blessings…Mary
    [email protected] Perfect Bite recently posted..Irish Apple CakeMy Profile

March 11, 2013

Hi Mary, thanks for stopping by and saying hello — have a great week!

11. Pauline Wiles
    March 11, 2013

This looks beautiful, I love the idea of almond flour and am very tempted by your ‘not too sweet’ description.

March 12, 2013

Hi Pauline, thanks for stopping by and your kind comment, I appreciate that. It was great to discover your blog yesterday and your post about the conference you attended — really good stuff. Have a great week. 🙂

12. Geni
    March 13, 2013

This would be perfect at my Easter Brunch. Judy, you really hit the nail on the head for me. As I have gotten a little older, I realize that it’s much better to be relaxed and create a menu that is pleasant but not overly ambitious. Hospitality is really a much friendlier way to think of “having people over” than entertaining. What a great post!
    Geni recently posted..Grandma’s Noodle KugelMy Profile

13. Monica
    April 17, 2013

Yum! Looks perfect for the summer, and I love all this fruit medley.

14. Karen
    June 14, 2013

I was so excited when I came across this recipe. I made it for my family last night and we all loved it. The crust was a little tricky to spread as it was very sticky, but well worth it. I will be making this again this weekend for Father’s Day. Thanks so much for a great recipe.

June 15, 2013

Aw, thanks Karen for taking time to comment and let me know you liked it — that feedback is so helpful as well as encouraging. 🙂 Hope your family has a great Father’s Day weekend.

15. Mandy – The Complete Book
    September 9, 2014

Oh Judy what a magnificent looking fruit tart. I will definitely be making this something later this season after things have warmed up just a little more.
    Have a wonderful and happy day.
    🙂 Mandy xo
    Mandy – The Complete Book recently posted..What’s been happeningMy Profile

September 13, 2014

Thanks, Mandy, it is and easy one that everyone loves. I always think of my blogging friends on the other side of the world as our seasons change … it is getting colder here, so I know you are ready to feel the warm sun on your face there. 🙂

16. Jean
    July 5, 2016

How long would I bake crust if I use mini tart pans ?

July 5, 2016

Jean, I would start at 4-5 minutes, and then check it every minute or so. Even if the crust gets a little more than lightly browned it won’t hurt it. Think of it like toasting almonds, which is what the crust is primarily. The darker the crust, the more toasted almond flavor. 🙂