1. Maureen | Orgasmic Chef
    October 15, 2013

Since we have no food allergies that will make us more than mildly uncomfortable, I don’t ever think about how to change recipes to suit a particular allergy but I have a good friend that’s like the woman you cooked for. It IS a challenge but it’s fun. Your tea cake sounds so good!
    Maureen | Orgasmic Chef recently posted..Chocolate Brownie Cookie Sandwiches Filled with Peanut Butter ButtercreamMy Profile

• Lizzy (Good Things)
      October 16, 2013

Wow, what a wonderful recipe. But please Judy or Maureen tell me, what’s the different between baking powder and baking soda, and why both? And what to use instead of pumpkin pie canned stuff? I want to make this one… I do try to freeze our cakes, but we just eat them instead!
      Lizzy (Good Things) recently posted..On baby wrensMy Profile

2. ChgoJohn
    October 15, 2013

This tea cake sounds delicious, Judy, and I marvel at your ability to convert a recipe to GF so easily. I don’t bake nearly enough to feel comfortable making the adjustments you did without batting an eye. I guess I really do need to bake more. :)
    ChgoJohn recently posted..Blueberry-Lemon SliceMy Profile

3. john@kitchenriffs
    October 16, 2013

Great recipe! We don’t need to cook GF for ourselves, but like you have friends who are intolerant, so we’re developing recipes that work for us and them, too. You really had an additional challenge, though, and handled it wonderfully well. Terrific cake – this looks full of flavor. Thanks so much.
    john@kitchenriffs recently posted..Lemon Cheesecake with Walnut CrustMy Profile

4. mjskit
    October 16, 2013

What a challenge you gave yourself by eliminating any chance of allergy reactions or other diet restrictions. I can’t believe the outcome. This cake looks so creamy and delicious! I can see why everyone loved it!
    mjskit recently posted..Spiked Poached PearsMy Profile

5. Mandy – The Complete Cook Book
    October 17, 2013

I have to share this fabulous recipe with my sister-in-law who’s son is allergic to just about everything the poor fellow. She will love this and so will he.
    :-) Mandy xo
    Mandy – The Complete Cook Book recently posted..Workshop UpdateMy Profile

6. Linda
    October 17, 2013

Judy, you are truly a special friend and woman. How thoughtful of you to create a dessert everyone will enjoy. I also try to accommodate my friends who have allergies but it does become a bit nerve wrecking to try out a new switch of ingredients! I agree this sounds perfect for Thanksgiving. And I also agree, I do not leaving sweets around my kitchen as the temptation is killer!! So I’m glad to hear you feel the same and freezing a portion is a good idea!!
    Linda recently posted..Pumpkin Ginger BiscottiMy Profile

7. Barbara Bamber | justasmidgen
    October 20, 2013

I had to pin this under recipes to try! I’m not eating a lot of gluten these days and it seems to be helping:) Love the spices!
    Barbara Bamber | justasmidgen recently posted..DIY Birch Hearthside Tealight VotiveMy Profile

8. Raymund
    October 21, 2013

I think this will be my first pumpkin cake recipe! I never made one so I will keep this and when pumpkin season arrives here watch my space out :)
    Thanks for sharing
    Raymund recently posted..Must Try Food in ItalyMy Profile

9. Julia | JuliasAlbum.com
    October 24, 2013

What a gorgeous pumpkin spice pie! Those candied nuts really enhances it. I just want to grab a spoon and dig right into this cake!
    Julia | JuliasAlbum.com recently posted..Banana apple bread with caramel sauce and pecansMy Profile

10. Mich
    October 28, 2013

This looks amazing! I was looking for something to bring to a Halloween party this weekend – this recipe wins! And bonus, it’s healthy without looking healthy. I like to trick my friends into eating healthy foods – plus my boyfriend can’t eat dairy anyway. Thanks :)