An impressive and indulgent appetizer is what every party needs. Easy and fail-proof is what you need.
Crab-Stuffed Mushrooms are the right answer!
These crab-stuffed mushrooms are always a hit no matter how casual or fancy the party may be. Easy to mix up in just a few minutes and can even be prepped in advance for a quick bake and serve.
Crab Stuffed Mushrooms Appetizer
- 16 large button mushrooms , about 2-inches diameter
- 3 ounces cream cheese , softened at room temperature
- 3 ounces goat cheese , softened at room temperature
- 1/4 cup minced green onion
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 8 ounces lump crab meat , canned is fine
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt , to taste
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Butter , to grease pan
- Rinse mushrooms, dry and remove stems from caps. (Stems can be saved for other recipes if desired.) Using a melon baller or teaspoon, remove some of the insides of the mushroom to make a larger pocket for the crab.
- Fill mushroom caps with the crab mixture, place in a lightly greased baking dish, and top with the Parmesan cheese. (Recipe may be prepared to this point and refrigerated, covered, overnight.)
- Bake at 425ºF for 15 to 20 minutes until mushrooms are soft and filling is browned in spots. Serve warm.