1. Mandy – The Complete Book
    July 31, 2014

I haven’t enjoyed a beef stroganoff for such a long while. Thank you for the reminder.
    Have a beautiful day.
    :-) Mandy xo
    Mandy – The Complete Book recently posted..The Value of a SmileMy Profile

2. John@Kitchen Riffs
    July 31, 2014

Like Mandy, it’s been ages since I’ve had Beef Stroganoff. I’m sorry to say I have had the version with cream of mushroom — my mom actually made it! That was the “short cut” recipe back in the late 50s/early 60s. I must say, though, your short cut recipe is much, much better. And thanks for the tip on the Jovial brand — we eat gluten, but have friends who don’t, so that’s a valuable suggestion. Thanks!
    John@Kitchen Riffs recently posted..The Rum Daisy CocktailMy Profile

3. Cecile
    July 31, 2014

I’m really glad you posted this recipe – it’s sounds delicious!! Like you said, there’s so many versions of Beef Stroganoff BUT most of them aren’t even close to being authentic. I, too, once ate at the Russian Tea room. It was when we lived for a short time in New York City. Darn… I wish I’d ordered Beef Stroganoff there!)
    Cecile recently posted..Quick ‘n Easy Corn SaladMy Profile

4. ChgoJohn
    August 1, 2014

Beef stroganoff is such a favorite but I rarely make it.I associate it with a special meal and, therefore, reserve it. That’s got to end. I’ve gone without for too long. Yours is a very good recipe and would be a great place to start. I’m so glad you found a good GF noodle. They’re an important part of the recipe and bad noodles just wouldn’t work.
    ChgoJohn recently posted..Spaghetti alla Chitarra all’Amatriciana and My (Not So) Authentic Souvenir from RomeMy Profile

• Judy Purcell
      August 11, 2014

There are those recipes that work for easy weeknight meals and special occasions, I think this is one of them. And who doesn’t love a good noodle?! :)

5. Carol at Wild Goose Tea
    August 1, 2014

I have a very dear gluten free friend. So thank you from me for the tip. This is a recipe I sort of had forgotten about. I made a version of this decades ago, but I have no idea what recipe I used. It will be fun to have this again in my quiver of recipes. I pinned it.
    Carol at Wild Goose Tea recently posted..The Saga of Mama Goose’s Encounter with Cottage Cheese CookiesMy Profile

• Judy Purcell
      August 11, 2014

Hi Carol, it seems a common theme that Stroganoff has slipped into the land of forgotten recipes … hopefully you’ll find this one worth remembering. Have a great week! :)

6. Carol at Wild Goose Tea
    August 1, 2014

I forgot to mention—-Oh my Oh my I am with your daughter what a GRAND in every sense of the word to have a wedding in that movie set like place. Magical.

7. Bam’s Kitchen
    August 4, 2014

A beautiful savoury and rich dish. I love recipes with just a few delicious ingredients. I have never eaten at the Russsian Tea house but it does look lovely. Your daughter has very good taste. Have a super week. BAM
    Bam’s Kitchen recently posted..Mocha Orange Frappuccino & GiveawayMy Profile

• Judy Purcell
      August 11, 2014

Hi Bam, yes, she does have good taste. The scary thing is now she’s closer to marrying age. 😉

8. Raymund
    August 6, 2014

This is one of my favourite beef dishes, I can have it for countless days without getting tired of the taste. Love your recipe!
    Raymund recently posted..Fiesta FloatMy Profile

• Judy Purcell
      August 11, 2014

Thanks, Raymund. I may have to make a bigger batch next time, Stroganoff for days sounds wonderful.

9. Maureen | Orgasmic Chef
    August 7, 2014

cognac? I think I’m in love! I’ve made beef stroganoff with crème fraîche before but the cognac sends me to heaven and back. :)
    Maureen | Orgasmic Chef recently posted..Rainbow PancakesMy Profile

• Judy Purcell
      August 11, 2014

I’m not sure if it was the Cognac or the creme, or the combination of the two, but heaven came to mind. :)

10. mjskit
    August 10, 2014

I’ve always loved a good Beef Stroganoff, but it’s been years since I made one. I guess that means I never had a good recipe. I just bought a Costco sized package of flap steak and I see that’s the cut you use. Already an improvement over the cut I used to use. I do love your recipe Judy!
    mjskit recently posted..Grilled Portabello Tacos with Red Chile-Yogurt SauceMy Profile

• Judy Purcell
      August 15, 2014

MJ, I’d never thought of it that way, that if I hadn’t made something in a long time the recipe must be lacking, but it’s a good point. I do hope you like it! :)

11. Karen (Back Road Journal)
    August 11, 2014

I love beef stroganoff and must give this version a try…you are right, it is true comfort food. As to your side note, yes girls can dream. She may not get to have a wedding at the famous restaurant but maybe it could lead to how she celebrates the day.
    Karen (Back Road Journal) recently posted..How Does Your Garden GrowMy Profile

12. Claudia
    August 15, 2014

So tasty! That looks impressive.
    Claudia recently posted..Braising Barbecue GrillMy Profile

13. Maureen | Orgasmic Chef
    August 30, 2014

I love beef stroganoff and I love it over noodles too. I’ve never used Parmesan in mine before. I’ll give that a try next time.

I did laugh at the wedding reception at The Russian Tea Room. What a marvelous idea. :)
    Maureen | Orgasmic Chef recently posted..Panna Cotta with Poached Pears and Almond Toffee CrunchMy Profile