Always on the lookout to make recipes healthier as well as great tasting, awhile back I was looking for healthy desserts. You know something I could feel good about eating, but would also make my eyes roll all the way back in my head with sheer delight. Yeah, that kind. It would have to involve [...]
Last week I hosted a brunch, invited a few friends to join me, and made this Cream Cheese Fruit Tart with Almond Crust for the occasion. I am better, life is better, when I’ve had time with good friends around my table—it is pure joy. It wasn’t always that way. At one point in my [...]
It is Super Bowl week and whether you plan to watch the game or just tune in to enjoy the commercials, there is always plenty of food to keep things interesting. But, like a box of doughnuts in the break room at work, Super Bowl parties can be resolution killers—suddenly, the last three weeks at [...]
I know bacon recipes have almost become cliché on food blogs, but bacon captures attention like a bride walking down the aisle—no one turns away, all eyes are where they’re supposed to be … on the bacon recipe. Can the love of bacon be strong enough to handle one more? Yes. Besides, this isn’t all [...]
Holiday baking is a big deal at our house, a time when chocolates, cookies, and Christmas Stollen are penciled into the calendar just like parties. As much as I love our tradition of baking and candy making, it isn’t without a fair amount of compromise to our food philosophy of avoiding refined flour and [...]
While browsing some of my favorite blogs yesterday morning, the mere mention of crystallized ginger rearranged my entire day. I had to make something with warming, chewy, gingery-ness—to go with a cup of tea, preferably. Inspiration hit and I was out the door with my grocery list faster than you can say almond flour. [...]
Ten years ago, we began remodeling—floor to ceiling, wall to wall, windows and doors—every room in our upstairs was updated. Thanksgiving Day we began in the kitchen, stripping everything down to the studs (fortunately, good friends let us come to their house for dinner). We invested gobs of time, buckets of sweat, and loads of [...]
Life has a way of teaching us to be flexible. A month ago we began the Five Pies in Five Days series, only to be interrupted by the unexpected, but life has a way of revisiting lessons we forget. One valuable blogging lesson learned: have all the entries done before launching a series. √ Check. [...]
As much as we wanted to experience the countryside and wineries of Greve, Italy, the wood fired pizza was an equally memorable part of our excursion there. Anyone who has had the pleasure of sinking their teeth into the crisp crust, rich tomatoes, handmade cheese, and olive oil appreciates the glorious simplicity of classic Italian [...]
We have done more than our share of feasting on board the Celebration Express lately, so this Memorial Day we will be laying low. Thankfully, there are Sprouted Wheat Buns in the freezer for BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwiches and all the ingredients I need for Celery, Apple, and Fennel Slaw tucked away in the [...]
- Egg & Sausage Casserole [GF]: A Hospitality Series March 27, 2013
- Cream Cheese Fruit Tart with Almond Crust Recipe [GF]: A Series on Hospitality March 6, 2013
- Pad Thai with Shrimp ~ Quick & Easy Weeknight Recipes March 14, 2013
- Helen’s Chicken Soup: A Bowl of Comfort February 27, 2013
- Orange Balsamic Glazed Ribs ~ Banish the Ho-Hums! February 20, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today May 14, 2013
- Date-Fudge Truffles with Sea Salt May 7, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today May 7, 2013
- In My Kitchen, May 2013 May 1, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today April 30, 2013
- Judy Purcell: Hi Pam, thanks so much for taking time to let me k...
- Pam: I made this cake the other day and it got rave rev...
- Nilu A: Wow! Congrats on your garden Judy.. Lovely collect...
- Pure Complex: Okay I will admit it.. it took me a while to stop ...
- Phill: It's so nice to have friends like Helen and i'm ...