Vegetable medleys are the flexible foodie’s dream, giving everyone something they like (or will eat without a fuss). Roasted Vegetable Medley is a terrific way to introduce new vegetables at dinnertime. In this case, we rescue radishes from a salad-only existence to toss them in our roasting mix. I love using my imagination or current cravings to make something new out of something ordinary.
Rather than steaming, roasting vegetables caramelizes natural sugars, deepening flavor. Roasting also tames the radish and you’ll be pleasantly surprised by its mild manner in this dish. Choosing colorful varieties of vegetables like purple cauliflower or golden beets adds even more interest to easy weeknight meals. Follow the suggested combination listed, or choose your favorite vegetables and spices to create an entirely new side dish each time you make it.Print
Roasted Vegetable Medley with Rosemary and Thyme
- Yield: Serves 4
- 5 cups rough cut cauliflower, broccoli, beets, and radishes (use any combination of vegetables, combined to equal 5 cups)
- 3 cloves garlic — sliced thin
- 3 tablespoons avocado or extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Heat oven to 400°F. Toss prepped vegetables and garlic in the oil to coat.
- Spread out on a large rimmed baking sheet, sprinkle with herbs, and generously season with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 25 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally until vegetables are crisp-tender and lightly browned in spots. Remove from oven, transfer to a serving bowl; shower with lemon juice and toss with cheese.
Vegetables can be prepared for roasting two or three days in advance and refrigerated until ready to use. Add even more interest to the dish by tossing in a handful of toasted pepitas or sunflower seeds.
Try our Grilled Vegetable Medley Recipe too: (click on image for recipe)
More Vegetable Side Dish Recipes:
Southwest Cauliflower Rice Pilaf with Toasted Pepitas
Roasted Beets with Blackberry-Ginger Balsamic & Feta
Amazingly Simple Maple Acorn Squash Side Dish
Grilled Beets & Asparagus with Fried Goat Cheese
Broccoli & Cauliflower Gratin: Easy Vegetable Side Dish Recipe