Shrimp & Prosciutto with Smoky Honey Mustard Sauce is savory, tangy–sweet finger food you’ll love having on your party menu.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please see our Disclosure Policy.
Holidays and parties call for easy, great-tasting appetizers without a lot of fuss.
The Smoky Honey Mustard Sauce is a launching pad for great dipping.
Find your perfect balance of savory-sweet-tang to make it your own. Add mustard for more tang; mayo to mellow it out; honey for more sweet; or liquid smoke for more smoky flavor.
Shrimp & Prosciutto with Smoky Honey Mustard Sauce hits the go-to appetizer mark and if you choose brands carefully, it will be a hit with your gluten-free friends too. Enjoy!
- Mix in a pinch of crushed red pepper flakes for a spicy kick.
- Avoid adding salt as the prosciutto will bring the salty-savory balance to the sweet and tangy sauce.
- Take the stress out of last-minute party prep—wrap the shrimp and mix the sauce up to 24 hours in advance and then pop in the oven or skillet right before serving.
Shrimp and Prosciutto with Smoky Honey Mustard Sauce
- 2 tablespoons stone ground mustard any favorite
- 1 1/2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1/2 pound shrimp (21-25 count) , shells and tails removed
- 3 slices prosciutto — quartered , quartered (or more depending on shrimp count)
For the Honey Mustard Sauce
- Mix the mustard, mayo, honey, and liquid smoke in a small bowl until well combined. Taste and adjust any component, as desired.
Prepping the Shrimp and Prosciutto
- Using a sharp knife, cut each slice of prosciutto to create 4 equal pieces. Wrap one of the cut pieces around the shrimp so that the prosciutto goes all the way around and wraps over itself to keep it in place.
- Once all the shrimp are wrapped, you can either pan-sear over med-high heat or broil on Hi for 4 to 5 minutes on each side to crisp the prosciutto. Once the prosciutto is crisp on both sides, remove from the oven and serve with the mustard sauce.
More Party Food Recipe Ideas:
- Prosciutto-Wrapped Caprese Salad Bites Appetizer
- Easy, Baked Chicken Wings with Thai Chili Sesame Sauce
- Buffalo Chicken Dip Appetizer
- Hot Artichoke Dip with Roasted Garlic & Bacon