Always on the lookout to make recipes healthier as well as great tasting, awhile back I was looking for healthy desserts. You know something I could feel good about eating, but would also make my eyes roll all the way back in my head with sheer delight. Yeah, that kind. It would have to involve [...]
Holiday baking is a big deal at our house, a time when chocolates, cookies, and Christmas Stollen are penciled into the calendar just like parties. As much as I love our tradition of baking and candy making, it isn’t without a fair amount of compromise to our food philosophy of avoiding refined flour and [...]
It is worse than “the holidays”, I tell ya. From mid April through the first of June, it is six straight weeks of parties, cakes, and special dinners, lined-up one behind the other around here. Only this year, it started in March and will turn out something like this—bridal shower, bridal shower, wedding, wedding, bridal [...]
Donna Lorrig and Bruce Valk are the lucky winners of The Food52 Cookbook giveaway! Thank you, everyone, who participated in the giveaway—it is great to be able to pass along new, inspiring cookbooks. Ancho Chili-Cinnamon Chocolate Bark was so inspiring, we included it in our holiday baking, one of the reasons you didn’t hear from [...]
My first introduction to the concept of filling a strawberry with the flavors of cheesecake was featuring a post by Nutmeg Nanny many Fridays ago. When I finally got serious about making these little gems for a bridal shower, there were tweaks to the recipe I could not resist—lemon zest is a must in [...]
As I leisurely finished my iced coffee this morning, I discover this S’mores recipe from Someone Left The Cake Out In The Rain—an automatic YUM! was set off in my brain. According to the author, the marshmallow drooping down the sides of the chocolate was a fail … Uh, I don’t think so. I think [...]
What’s better than just plain chocolate? Chocolate delivered three ways in one cookie. A soft chocolate cookie wrapped around white chocolate and bittersweet chocolate chips is milk’s new best friend. A hint of instant coffee—the secret in great chocolate desserts—does wonders for chocolate cookies, deepening flavor and adding complexity. Make a batch to take to [...]
After 90° temperatures here in Colorado yesterday, it is no surprise these kiwi popsicles at Showfood Chef caught my eye. What can be better than a recipe with two ingredients–especially when one of them is chocolate? These look refreshing, delicious, and fun for summer treats. Enjoy!
German Chocolate is the favored cake of two in our household, but the least favored of two others. We do not indulge in dessert often, birthdays being the exception. In order to honor birthday wishes and still include everyone in a celebratory cake, this “halvsies” cake has become a standard that suits everyone. Ghirardelli Grand Fudge Cake [...]
Of course, you can throw the usual burgers and brats on the grill, but if you’re feeding more than a handful of people burgers can be dry or cold before your guests get one on a bun. BBQ Pulled Pork and Pulled Chicken Sandwiches are an ideal choice to feed a crowd. Easily prepared ahead [...]
- Egg & Sausage Casserole [GF]: A Hospitality Series March 27, 2013
- Cream Cheese Fruit Tart with Almond Crust Recipe [GF]: A Series on Hospitality March 6, 2013
- Pad Thai with Shrimp ~ Quick & Easy Weeknight Recipes March 14, 2013
- Orange Balsamic Glazed Ribs ~ Banish the Ho-Hums! February 20, 2013
- Helen’s Chicken Soup: A Bowl of Comfort February 27, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today May 23, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today May 14, 2013
- Date-Fudge Truffles with Sea Salt May 7, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today May 7, 2013
- In My Kitchen, May 2013 May 1, 2013
- paul: Great recipe... great flavor, fresh vegetable wond...
- john@kitchenriffs: I was wondering what happened to it! I need my fi...
- Maureen | Orgasmic Chef: Another group of fantastic dishes! I don't know ...
- Gourmantine: It sounds you've been seriously busy lately, but ...
- Judy Purcell: Hi Pam, thanks so much for taking time to let me k...