Always on the lookout to make recipes healthier as well as great tasting, awhile back I was looking for healthy desserts. You know something I could feel good about eating, but would also make my eyes roll all the way back in my head with sheer delight. Yeah, that kind. It would have to involve [...]
In my kitchen … is a HUGE coffee cup planter given to me for my birthday with a card addressed, “To the ‘Let’s Have Coffee‘ Lady”, which made my heart smile. I can’t wait to plant a collection of herbs in this happy cup. Other birthday gifts in my kitchen are two books I am [...]
Before you even think about arranging some sort of gathering at your house, there is one thing you must have … The phone number to your local Chinese, pizza, or sandwich delivery joint. Really? Absolutely. And you must be willing to dial the phone. Everyone needs a back up plan and the good sense to [...]
Snow is falling once again as I write this post to share the sites and sounds of my walk in Scottsdale last weekend. The blizzard warnings last week and the current storm blanketing the Front Range were book ends to the short trip. My husband was traveling for business to play in a charity golf [...]
A few months ago I hosted a birthday brunch for a friend and the moment we were all together it was like a breath of fresh air. Most of the ladies around the table were part of the group warmly, yet reluctantly, referred to as the Elephant Ladies—a few friends who got together for [...]
This series on hospitality will offer practical advice for being ready when the doorbell rings, recipes to fit any occasion, and creative ideas like the Pinterest boards shared below. Before we get too far down the road of practicality though, let’s first talk about what motivates us to open our doors, get the house mother-in-law [...]
Last week I hosted a brunch, invited a few friends to join me, and made this Cream Cheese Fruit Tart with Almond Crust for the occasion. I am better, life is better, when I’ve had time with good friends around my table—it is pure joy. It wasn’t always that way. At one point in my [...]
It seems everywhere you turn there is a list of new things to try or fresh goals for the New Year on blogs everywhere. While there is a great deal to gain from setting goals and being refreshed in our resolve to begin again, frankly, I don’t need another to-do list tacked onto my stack [...]
The famous have their fan clubs, people who follow their every move anticipating their next song, movie, or interview. I have a few folks who LIKE my Face Book page, subscribe to this blog, share tweets from time to time about the recipes here, but fans? Only one that I really know of—my husband—and he [...]
2012 began with an exciting redesign of Savoring Today along with a list of goals and aspirations, some accomplished and some remaining part of the list. We joined a wonderful group of bloggers at Hearth & Soul Hop to co-host a weekly blog hop, sponsored cookbook reviews and giveaways, as well as cooking our way [...]
- Cream Cheese Fruit Tart with Almond Crust Recipe [GF]: A Series on Hospitality March 6, 2013
- Egg & Sausage Casserole [GF]: A Hospitality Series March 27, 2013
- Pad Thai with Shrimp ~ Quick & Easy Weeknight Recipes March 14, 2013
- Helen’s Chicken Soup: A Bowl of Comfort February 27, 2013
- Orange Balsamic Glazed Ribs ~ Banish the Ho-Hums! February 20, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop 3rd Anniversary at Savoring Today June 18, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today June 11, 2013
- Cheese & Spinach Stuffed Pasta Shells Recipe [Gluten-Free] June 10, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today June 4, 2013
- In My Kitchen: June 2013 May 31, 2013
- Nusrat Azim: Happy Anniversary ! Tons of love for creating ...
- Joanne T Ferguson: G'day! I always enjoy seeing what's in other peo...
- Raymund: Wow happy anniversary Judy!...
- Alesha @ Full Time Mama: Wow, this looks SO good and healthy! Thank you so ...
- ChgoJohn: Remembering last year's fire, Judy, I was relieve...