Ten years ago, we began remodeling—floor to ceiling, wall to wall, windows and doors—every room in our upstairs was updated. Thanksgiving Day we began in the kitchen, stripping everything down to the studs (fortunately, good friends let us come to their house for dinner). We invested gobs of time, buckets of sweat, and loads of [...]
Life has a way of teaching us to be flexible. A month ago we began the Five Pies in Five Days series, only to be interrupted by the unexpected, but life has a way of revisiting lessons we forget. One valuable blogging lesson learned: have all the entries done before launching a series. √ Check. [...]
As much as we wanted to experience the countryside and wineries of Greve, Italy, the wood fired pizza was an equally memorable part of our excursion there. Anyone who has had the pleasure of sinking their teeth into the crisp crust, rich tomatoes, handmade cheese, and olive oil appreciates the glorious simplicity of classic Italian [...]
There I was, cruising food sites, minding my own business, when these Bacon Wrapped Jalapenos jumped up out of nowhere. You heard me…Bacon…Wrapped…Jalapenos. Look at them; can you imagine better cradles for cream cheese? Or a better way to introduce pork, chilies, and fire? Obvious as it might seem, there is a step-by-step recipe [...]
Successfully making Parmesan Sprouted Whole Wheat Bagels inspired a happy dance at my house. A bona fide, get your hands up, twist and shout, tickled pink sort of dance in the middle of the kitchen. Why so giddy? Well, as any parent can attest, making healthy food choices is a great idea until you try [...]
The title is a bit long-winded; hopefully you didn’t miss the part about the cauliflower crust. Cauliflower, you say? I do say, and all my husband could say was “mmm” and “this is my favorite way to eat cauliflower.” (He’s not a fan of the white stuff.) He gave it a 9 out of [...]
This weekend I am hosting a bridal shower for a friend’s daughter, who is really more like family. Do you know what it’s like having neighbors or friends that have been through thick and thin with you and you consider their kids, your kids? Well, that is what makes this bridal shower so special. I [...]
Pancetta and Gruyere cheese mixed with ground beef from a local butcher deliver a burger worthy of peak grilling season. Lean pancetta infuses savory, juicy flavor without overpowering the beef, while the earthy, distinct flavor of Gruyere brings a rich nuance. A few basic seasonings, toasted bun, grilled Vidalia onions and you are ready to [...]
Scanning cookbooks or browsing the web, you find scores of differing opinions about how to cook the perfect omelet—everything from medium heat to high heat, slowly, quickly, non-stick pan, or specialized omelet pan. Regardless the technique you choose, practice will be your greatest teacher. For a little fun, I included an instructional video by Julia [...]
So, you have dinner on the table with the last ounce of energy you could muster for the day and the thought comes to you, how I can garnish it? … Uh, hardly. I know, it should be enough to have dinner done every day, but a simple garnish can transform a meal from ho-hum [...]
- Egg & Sausage Casserole [GF]: A Hospitality Series March 27, 2013
- Cream Cheese Fruit Tart with Almond Crust Recipe [GF]: A Series on Hospitality March 6, 2013
- Pad Thai with Shrimp ~ Quick & Easy Weeknight Recipes March 14, 2013
- Helen’s Chicken Soup: A Bowl of Comfort February 27, 2013
- Orange Balsamic Glazed Ribs ~ Banish the Ho-Hums! February 20, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today May 14, 2013
- Date-Fudge Truffles with Sea Salt May 7, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today May 7, 2013
- In My Kitchen, May 2013 May 1, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today April 30, 2013
- Judy Purcell: Hi Pam, thanks so much for taking time to let me k...
- Pam: I made this cake the other day and it got rave rev...
- Nilu A: Wow! Congrats on your garden Judy.. Lovely collect...
- Pure Complex: Okay I will admit it.. it took me a while to stop ...
- Phill: It's so nice to have friends like Helen and i'm ...