In our front yard is a commingled grouping of crab apple trees boasting fragrant pink and white blossoms each spring, which in turn feeds wildlife (and not so wild neighbors) in the fall. One side of the grouping is a Japanese Crabapple (pink blossoms) with small, dark red berry-shaped sour fruit, unfit for anything [...]
One way you can tell October has arrived is the abundance of spice lattes, savory soups, and comforting baked goods with plenty of pumpkin in the mix. The canned pumpkin in my pantry has been calling to me for weeks, but I waited for the weather to cool just a smidgen before firing up [...]
As much as we wanted to experience the countryside and wineries of Greve, Italy, the wood fired pizza was an equally memorable part of our excursion there. Anyone who has had the pleasure of sinking their teeth into the crisp crust, rich tomatoes, handmade cheese, and olive oil appreciates the glorious simplicity of classic Italian [...]
Successfully making Parmesan Sprouted Whole Wheat Bagels inspired a happy dance at my house. A bona fide, get your hands up, twist and shout, tickled pink sort of dance in the middle of the kitchen. Why so giddy? Well, as any parent can attest, making healthy food choices is a great idea until you try [...]
Would you believe that in 28 years of cooking and loving food, last week was the first time I ever made Sloppy Joes? If I am going to make a sandwich out of ground beef, my husband would much prefer a hamburger, hence no Joes of any kind, sloppy or otherwise. Growing up in the [...]
Flogging Molly set the mood, while fresh baked rye buns were prepped and ready to hold all we had assembled for our Reuben Sandwiches. As I mentioned in the previous post Sprouted Rye Sandwich Buns, from the time the rye flour was ordered I’d been scheming to build a Reuben sandwich in honor of St. [...]
The thought of Sprouted Wheat Burger Buns might stir memories of disappointment, if not a solemn vow of, tried it, and not going to spend six dollars on hockey puck bread again, thank you. I disliked the sprouted buns we found in the store so much I gave up eating a bun with my burger all [...]
There is just something wonderful about discovering good food and sharing it with friends. Whenever I have the good fortune of trying great, new products the first thing I want to do is invite you all to pull up a seat at the table. I would like nothing more than to sit face to face [...]
When you post a Sprouted Wheat French Bread recipe and you get an email from a company offering to send you a sample of their sprouted grain products, that my friends, is serendipity. Which is exactly what happened and I am a new fan of Columbia County Bread and Granola. As I mentioned in my [...]
When we decided to eliminate white flour from our diet years ago, a good French baguette was the one thing I missed most. Bread with soup, bruschetta, crostinis with baked brie, homemade croutons, and garlic bread were all off the menu until I could find or make a better alternative. Converting from white to whole [...]
- Egg & Sausage Casserole [GF]: A Hospitality Series March 27, 2013
- Cream Cheese Fruit Tart with Almond Crust Recipe [GF]: A Series on Hospitality March 6, 2013
- Pad Thai with Shrimp ~ Quick & Easy Weeknight Recipes March 14, 2013
- Helen’s Chicken Soup: A Bowl of Comfort February 27, 2013
- Orange Balsamic Glazed Ribs ~ Banish the Ho-Hums! February 20, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today May 14, 2013
- Date-Fudge Truffles with Sea Salt May 7, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today May 7, 2013
- In My Kitchen, May 2013 May 1, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today April 30, 2013
- Judy Purcell: Hi Pam, thanks so much for taking time to let me k...
- Pam: I made this cake the other day and it got rave rev...
- Nilu A: Wow! Congrats on your garden Judy.. Lovely collect...
- Pure Complex: Okay I will admit it.. it took me a while to stop ...
- Phill: It's so nice to have friends like Helen and i'm ...