Who loves Pad Thai? We do! Every sauce-soaked noodle, crunchy peanut, fresh cilantro and lime part of it! Spicy? Yes, but not scorched-earth spicy (a.k.a. Thai hot), I prefer just-gets-your-attention spicy, somewhere around medium, please. I’m not looking for a bead of sweat to form on my brow unless I’m trying to finish a [...]
Having a new favorite sauce is like having a new hammer—everything starts to look like a nail, or in this case, everything on the grill looks like a smear-able recipient. When we reworked a sauce for Thai Chili Sesame Chicken Wings a few months ago, it was an instant favorite around our table. The [...]
Writing and sharing food with friends is a delight, hardly something that warrants reprieve. However, even the work we enjoy benefits from our stepping back, reflecting, loosening our grip (or its grip) from time to time. It was hard to lay aside the routine of writing last week, though not completely unplugged from reading my [...]
Ever gone out for Valentine’s Day only to be disappointed by the noise level of the restaurant, food that didn’t quite measure up, or felt rushed by the wait staff to move along for the their next seating? We have and more than once. Are you tempted to try something different, skip the crowded restaurants, [...]
Super Bowl behind us, Valentine’s Day before us, there is always a reason to enjoy good food no matter what label is used. Valentine’s Day has become a favorite time for us, especially since we began making reservations for an intimate dinner at our own table. No crowds, no pressure, dress however you please (use [...]
When writing about Emeril’s Wok Seared Duck Salad, I mentioned his recommendation for fish sauce with the ingredient list. Shortly after posting, Red Boat Fish Sauce asked if I would try their sauce to compare. I only recommend products I like and use, so it has taken me a couple of weeks to put it [...]
Perusing Emeril’s new Sizzling Skillets and Other One-Pot Wonders this weekend was delightful, like having coffee with an old friend. Part of the fun of the One-Pot Blogger Party hosted by The Secret Ingredient is sharing a few recipes so we all get a taste of what’s inside this versatile cookbook. Here in Colorado, crisp fall [...]
Homemade stock is a crucial element in delicious soups and stews. It was no surprise to find a great stock recipe in Emeril’s Sizzling Skillets and Other One-Pot Wonders as the base for the Cajun Shrimp Stew, set to post on Monday. Although it is easy to do the entire recipe in an afternoon, I [...]
Each week as I review scores of recipes for Test Kitchen Tuesday, I am reminded of the endless possibilities in the culinary world—flavors, textures, temperatures, all waiting to be explored. Like any great adventure, disappointment and thrill are part of the risk and reward. Last week, the Tuscan Garlic Chicken Pasta was a disappointment. However, [...]
We lived in California years ago, but my first introduction to fish tacos was at Rubio’s in Denver of all places. I was hooked right away, the textures and flavors are addictive with crisp slaw, tender fish, a squeeze of lime, all cradled in your hand for quick delivery. Where the fish taco originated still [...]
- Egg & Sausage Casserole [GF]: A Hospitality Series March 27, 2013
- Cream Cheese Fruit Tart with Almond Crust Recipe [GF]: A Series on Hospitality March 6, 2013
- Pad Thai with Shrimp ~ Quick & Easy Weeknight Recipes March 14, 2013
- Helen’s Chicken Soup: A Bowl of Comfort February 27, 2013
- Orange Balsamic Glazed Ribs ~ Banish the Ho-Hums! February 20, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today May 14, 2013
- Date-Fudge Truffles with Sea Salt May 7, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today May 7, 2013
- In My Kitchen, May 2013 May 1, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today April 30, 2013
- Judy Purcell: Hi Pam, thanks so much for taking time to let me k...
- Pam: I made this cake the other day and it got rave rev...
- Nilu A: Wow! Congrats on your garden Judy.. Lovely collect...
- Pure Complex: Okay I will admit it.. it took me a while to stop ...
- Phill: It's so nice to have friends like Helen and i'm ...