1. Greg
    March 21, 2012

Holy cow, what a list to be on. That goat cheese looks amazing. So does everything else!

March 22, 2012

Thanks for helping me out with your post on strawberries. 😉

2. Linda
    March 22, 2012

You brought tears to my eyes too Judy! I agree with you on the meaning of these celebrations; the people not the games are what I like to focus on also. Watching those close to us journey on in their lives and being able to share their special moments. This collection is absolutely fabulous for any occassion and I’m pinning it so I don’t forget any of these! I agree with Greg too, that goat cheese is the first one I’m going to make!! Thanks for including my cookies!!

March 22, 2012

Thanks Linda, appreciate your comment and your cookies! The goat cheese is a staple in our house for snacks and you can’t go wrong with aged balsamic on anything.

3. ChgoJohn
    March 22, 2012

Wow, Judy! These look fantastic!

April 2, 2012

Thanks, John, I was so pleased to see my blogging man-friends stop by for this post … I wondered if it wouldn’t be a “pass” since it was about bridal showers. 😉

4. Caroline
    March 22, 2012

Such a fabulous list of food…everything looks amazing. And I desperately want those prosciutto-wrapped caprese salads. What a creative idea…and so easy!!

April 2, 2012

Thanks Caroline, the caprese salads are definitely a favorite of mine.

5. Karen (Back Road Journal)
    March 22, 2012

A fantastic list…oh to be able to attend a gathering where they were all on the same table. How could anyone choose what to try first.

April 2, 2012

Thanks, Karen, It certainly is hard to choose.

6. mjskit
    March 22, 2012

What a feast! I never saw such great food at any bridal shower I attended! I’m quite envious of all of the guest who got to enjoy this delicious spread and experience the love of mothers. Thank you so much for sharing the story of the shower.

April 2, 2012

MJ, it is the love of mothers that makes these occasions so special, but the food helps. 😉

7. Mary
    March 23, 2012

I love your menu suggestions.They all sound delicious. I really loved your post today. You had me dabbing at my eyes with tissue. I hope you have a wonderful day.Blessings…Mary

April 2, 2012

Thanks Mary, for stopping by and for your kind words.

8. sportsglutton
    March 23, 2012

Great line up Judy. I especially like the addition of the blueberries to the goat cheese. brilliant. Have a great weekend!

April 2, 2012

Thanks Jed, like I told John, I’m delighted my blogging man-friends still came by since it was a bridal shower menu. Of course, we are talkin’ food here. 😉

9. Raymund
    March 25, 2012

Amazing! I feel that I drooled a lot while scrolling down on that list

April 2, 2012

Thanks, Raymund, this post definitely made me hungry putting it together.

10. thedrivencook
    March 26, 2012

Wow Judy, what a great list! All of those things look fantastic. I just hosted a bridal shower and wish I would have seen this first! :)

April 2, 2012

Thanks so much for saying so. The baby shower you put together was lovely too — just love the variety of food that can be served at showers.

11. Granny’s Parlour
    March 27, 2012

What a timely thing to discover this at the beginning of Spring, when we dream of friendly gatherings under sunny skies and the celebration of renewed life. Thank you for visiting our Blog. Your kind words were like a touch of warmth and sweetness and there is much warmth and sweetness to be found here indeed.

April 2, 2012

Thank you, Granny, for including this post in your Weekend Highlights, that was a sweet surprise. :)

12. Sammie
    March 27, 2012

What a fantastic menu! Everything looks great but that quiche really made my mouth water!!

April 2, 2012

Yes! I agree, the quiche is lovely, planning to make it this weekend. :)

13. Sawsan@chef in disguise
    March 27, 2012

That is one amazing list Judy but as much as I love it and can’t wait to try that goat cheese it is your post and memories that I loved the most. It is true, milestones make us feel how much time has passed and reminds us of the journey we made to get here

April 2, 2012

Thank you for saying so. I love the way food makes a celebration special, but it is the people we share memories with that really makes a difference in our lives.

14. Geni
    March 27, 2012

What a beautiful spread Judy! You are quite a generous hostess and your words hit me since I am going through those, “I can’t believe they are almost grown!” thoughts myself. I can’t imagine what it’s like when friends’ kids start getting married. I guess that’s a new chapter I just haven’t gotten to yet.

April 2, 2012

Geni, it does hit us all at once and it is hard to prepare for the emotional swell that comes with it. I am grateful to experience it with some great friends who can relate. The seasons change so quickly and it all seems to happen so fast.

15. Kelly @ Inspired Edibles
    March 29, 2012

Judy, what a great post and truly extraordinary collection of menu items… wow, where to begin… everything is just so beautiful including your dining room table! (lovely setting and sense of warmth). I must make the Goat Cheese with Honey, Balsamic & Blueberries… I am completely smitten… ;-).

April 2, 2012

Kelly, thank you so much for your sweet words of encouragement. The goat cheese and balsamic is hard to stop eating, love that flavor combination.

16. Justine
    March 29, 2012

Stopping by from the Hearth & Soul Tuesday Blog Hop! http://queenofsavings.com

17. Sommer@ASpicyPerspective
    March 30, 2012

Whoa, what a spread!!

18. Barb Bamber
    March 31, 2012

How have I not found your blog before? This is so pretty and I loved the list of recipes to try.. the sun is shining here and it’s a perfect day to bake something new and springy like the ones shown here:) xo Smidge

April 2, 2012

Hi Barb, I know exactly what you mean, I was happy to find your blog too! Thanks for stopping by and commenting, look forward to getting to know you better.

19. Pure Complex
    April 1, 2012

All of your mini foods look so darn good. I mean WOW… I wish that was my bridal shower :). Everything is just beautiful. I loved this post

April 2, 2012

Aw, thanks for saying so! It was a pleasure to share, I’m glad you enjoyed it. :)

20. Alea Milham
    April 1, 2012

I am at an age where my friend’s children are getting married, so I can relate to the sentiments expressed in this post! Lovely and loving post and a wonderful round up of recipes!

21. Swathi

Judy,

They looks fantastic. Love to have a friend like you. Thanks for sharing with Hearth and Soul blog hop.

22. April @ The 21st Century Housewife
    April 3, 2012

What a lovely, lovely post! I felt quite emotional reading about your friend’s daughter’s shower. It sounds like the shower was such a lovely occasion, and what a beautiful moment when the groom’s mother spoke!

Sadly we don’t have bridal or baby showers in England, and I really miss them! (I grew up in Canada.) I have been able to attend a few back in Canada over the years, but I am hoping to introduce the tradition over here if my son gets married when he is older!

I have so enjoyed visiting the recipe links you provided, and what a lovely menu they would make. Thank you so much for sharing this post with us at The Gallery of Favorites.