Always on the lookout to make recipes healthier as well as great tasting, awhile back I was looking for healthy desserts. You know something I could feel good about eating, but would also make my eyes roll all the way back in my head with sheer delight. Yeah, that kind. It would have to involve [...]
Last week I hosted a brunch, invited a few friends to join me, and made this Cream Cheese Fruit Tart with Almond Crust for the occasion. I am better, life is better, when I’ve had time with good friends around my table—it is pure joy. It wasn’t always that way. At one point in my [...]
It’s been so long now do you even remember the curry adventure we began months ago with Basic Chicken Curry? What about the Beef Massaman? Oh, I hope so. Curry-Spiced Roasted Butternut Squash & Curry-Spiced Butternut Squash Soup is a two-fer, two recipes that can be meshed into one or enjoyed separately, but ultimately inviting [...]
Our youngest daughter has no problem eating the same breakfast every day. Let’s just say she gets on a certain food wave and rides it like there’s nothing else to eat. Last spring it was bagels … every morning. I would try to fix oatmeal or scrambled eggs, but all she wanted was a [...]
In our front yard is a commingled grouping of crab apple trees boasting fragrant pink and white blossoms each spring, which in turn feeds wildlife (and not so wild neighbors) in the fall. One side of the grouping is a Japanese Crabapple (pink blossoms) with small, dark red berry-shaped sour fruit, unfit for anything [...]
The breeze is crisp with the chill of autumn; golden trees adorn the hillside announcing the end of summer sun and tank tops. Though your oven may be wooing you to rekindle your love of baking, there’s still plenty of good grilling weather left before the grill covers come out. Healthier than a stuffed baked [...]
Have you discovered quinoa yet? Go ahead, say it with me — Keen-wah This ancient South American grain the Incas called “the mother of all grains” has become increasingly popular here in the U.S. since it was introduced in the 1990′s. We first discovered quinoa a couple of years ago when searching for alternatives [...]
Growing up and for much of my adult life I wanted nothing to do with sweet potatoes. Most recipes covered them in brown sugar or marshmallows, which did not appeal to me or anyone in our family so it was easy to simply walk by them in the grocery store without a second look. A [...]
When sharing the recipe for Broccoli-Cauliflower Gratin last week, I included a quick note about turning the leftovers into soup. After a friend commented and asked for more details about the soup idea, I realized how often I assume necessary steps have been communicated when in fact, they haven’t. Thankfully, my friend took the [...]
Ten years ago, we began remodeling—floor to ceiling, wall to wall, windows and doors—every room in our upstairs was updated. Thanksgiving Day we began in the kitchen, stripping everything down to the studs (fortunately, good friends let us come to their house for dinner). We invested gobs of time, buckets of sweat, and loads of [...]
- Cream Cheese Fruit Tart with Almond Crust Recipe [GF]: A Series on Hospitality March 6, 2013
- Egg & Sausage Casserole [GF]: A Hospitality Series March 27, 2013
- Pad Thai with Shrimp ~ Quick & Easy Weeknight Recipes March 14, 2013
- Helen’s Chicken Soup: A Bowl of Comfort February 27, 2013
- Orange Balsamic Glazed Ribs ~ Banish the Ho-Hums! February 20, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop 3rd Anniversary at Savoring Today June 18, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today June 11, 2013
- Cheese & Spinach Stuffed Pasta Shells Recipe [Gluten-Free] June 10, 2013
- Hearth & Soul Hop at Savoring Today June 4, 2013
- In My Kitchen: June 2013 May 31, 2013
- Nusrat Azim: Happy Anniversary ! Tons of love for creating ...
- Joanne T Ferguson: G'day! I always enjoy seeing what's in other peo...
- Raymund: Wow happy anniversary Judy!...
- Alesha @ Full Time Mama: Wow, this looks SO good and healthy! Thank you so ...
- ChgoJohn: Remembering last year's fire, Judy, I was relieve...