Super Bowl Party Food Roundup ~ 16 Recipe Ideas for the Big Game

It is Super Bowl week and whether you plan to watch the game or just tune in to enjoy the commercials, there is always plenty of food to keep things interesting. But, like a box of doughnuts in the break room at work, Super Bowl parties can be resolution killers—suddenly, the last three weeks at the gym matters not when there’s a buffet of temptation staring you down.

Looking for some alternatives? You’ll find some party-worthy appetizers here to keep you right on track.

Don’t care about healthy talk, cuz it’s a football game and you’ll eat whatever sounds good? Well, you’ll find some of that here too.

Not into football? That’s okay, have a party anyway, it’s a great excuse to get friends together, laugh at the commercials, and enjoy good food. Football fan or not, here’s some inspiration for what goes on the table! To find the recipes, just click on the photo. :)

A few of my favorites from fellow bloggers:

Super Bowl - Bacon, Tri-tip Burger from Sports Glutton
Tri-tip Hamburgers with Bacon and Caramelized Onions
from Sports-Glutton.com

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Spicy Chorizo and Chilli Pizza from Ang Sarap

Shrimp Creole
Shrimp Creole Inspired by Emeril Lagasse from Spicie Foodie

Super Bowl -- Cilantro Lime Black Bean Dip by Teenage Taste
Cilantro Lime Black Bean Dip from The Teenage Taste

Super Bowl -- Thai Chicken Satay
Thai Chicken Satay with Spicy Peanut Dipping Sauce from A Spicy Perspective

Super Bowl -- Spicy Buffalo-Cauliflower
Spicy Buffalo Cauliflower from Bullfrogs & Bulldogs

And a few favorites from Savoring Today

Parmesan & Herb Zucchini Sticks - plated (1 of 1)

Parmesan & Herb Zucchini Sticks

Blue Coyote Nachos

Blue Coyote Nachos

Black Bean Confetti Salsa

Black Bean Confetti Salsa

Jalapeno & Gouda Crab Dip

Jalapeno & Gouda Crab Dip

Caramelized Onion Dip - close up (1 of 1)

Caramelized Onion Dip

Thai Chili Sesame Chicken Wings - plated (1 of 1)

Thai Chili Sesame Chicken Wings

, , , , , ,

19 Responses to Super Bowl Party Food Roundup ~ 16 Recipe Ideas for the Big Game

1. Mandy - The Complete Cook Book January 30, 2013 at 7:05 am #

Wow, what a fabulous round-up. It is quite difficult to choose just a couple favourites.
    :-) Mandy
    Mandy – The Complete Cook Book recently posted..Beach WalkMy Profile

• Judy January 30, 2013 at 12:06 pm #

Thanks, Mandy, glad you stopped by–after walking on the beach with your post, I was hungry! ;)

2. ChgoJohn January 30, 2013 at 8:56 am #

Now this is a round-up whose time has come – literally. Some great offerings but, I have to say, the caramelized onion dip really did catch my eye. Yum!
    ChgoJohn recently posted..Gnocchi with Lemon, Spinach, and BurrataMy Profile

• Judy January 30, 2013 at 12:04 pm #

I know, right?! Who can pass up chips and dip? Not me. Thanks for stopping by, John, have a great weekend. :)

3. The Contessa (Linda) January 30, 2013 at 12:22 pm #

Thanks for bringing these to the Super Bowl/Chile Party. Love the looks of the chile recipe.

Have a SUPER week!

The Contessa, Linda
    The Contessa (Linda) recently posted..Publizieren geht nichtMy Profile

• Judy January 31, 2013 at 6:53 am #

Hi Linda, it was a pleasure to share, thanks for the invitation. :)

4. john@kitchenriffs January 30, 2013 at 7:05 pm #

Some gorgeous stuff to choose from here! I love all the party food people post about for Super Bowl week (and New Year’s Eve, too). Good stuff – thanks.
    john@kitchenriffs recently posted..Artichoke Dip with Cheddar CheeseMy Profile

• Judy January 31, 2013 at 6:55 am #

Thanks John, I know what you mean, party food always gets my attention–just so good to gather friends and nosh awhile. :)

5. Pati January 31, 2013 at 8:50 am #

Already made my choice…Thai Chili Sesame Wings. These make my guy a happy camper, while adding veggies on the side will make me happy !

• Judy January 31, 2013 at 6:25 pm #

I agree, the wings are hard to pass up!

6. mjskit January 31, 2013 at 9:11 am #

What a fabulous round up of Super Bowl treats!!!!
    mjskit recently posted..Black-eyed Pea Chipotle DipMy Profile

7. cakewhiz February 1, 2013 at 10:24 am #

there is so much deliciousness going on in this post that i am literally drooling…hahaha! i can’t decide what to make first ….

8. kristy @ Gastronomical Sovereignty February 2, 2013 at 6:58 am #

can you believe i didn’t even KNOW the super bowl was happening until yesterday? i must live under a big fat rock (it would have to be big and fat to hide my pasta loving ass ;))….

great round up you got here! those meatball sandwiches look DE-vine! :)

xo!
    kristy @ Gastronomical Sovereignty recently posted..The Wednesday Fresh Foods Link Up Week #26My Profile

9. Raymund February 3, 2013 at 2:19 am #

Very nice roundup, now after looking at those lovely recipes I feel like I need some beer, they all go well with it
    Raymund recently posted..Chermoula Grilled Chicken served on Pita BreadMy Profile

10. Barbara Bamber | justasmidgen February 10, 2013 at 11:17 am #

This is such an incredible round-up.. who needs football to try a few of these each weekend, lol! I’m loving so many of them, but your Hot Artichoke Dip especially caught my eye!! Have a wonderful Sunday!! xx
    Barbara Bamber | justasmidgen recently posted..Rose Petal Sugar Body ScrubMy Profile

11. Jed Gray (sportsglutton) February 16, 2013 at 8:11 am #

I’ve been MIA lately Judy, so sorry for the belated comment. That said love this mouthwatering line up full of goodies for any gameday. I know that I could eat way too many of those thai wings. ;-)

And of course thanks for including my tri tip burgers!
    Jed Gray (sportsglutton) recently posted..Thirsty Thursday: 2010 Bodegas Breca Breca GarnachaMy Profile

• Judy February 16, 2013 at 8:25 am #

Hey Jed, glad you stopped by. I assumed you were busy receiving household goods and getting your new place in order, which is the perfect time to throw some of those wings in the oven. ;) Hope all is well with you and yours.

12. Vicki Bensinger January 16, 2014 at 4:12 pm #

OMG all of these look so good, I doubt I’ll be able to wait until the SuperBowl. Glad I stopped by. I’ll definitely be trying these. Thanks for sharing.
    Vicki Bensinger recently posted..Portobella Mushrooms Stuffed with Vegetable Spaghetti, Drizzled with Pesto & Tomato CoulisMy Profile

• Judy Purcell January 17, 2014 at 6:45 am #

Thanks Vicki, for stopping by. :) No need to wait, it’s always time for good food.